For coffee enthusiasts, the beginning of the day is done with a nice, hot cup of coffee. It’s nearly impossible to imagine a start without it.
Caffeine isn’t the only thing that works, but it certainly helps. It’s also the routine surrounding it—the aroma, the sound, the wait are all part of how coffee helps you start the day off right.
Every coffee drinker has possession of a preferred method of brewing, and it’s easy to get distressed if you don’t have it with you while you’re on the go. What you need is a non-electric coffee maker or in other words a manual coffee maker so that you don’t have to feel down when you are traveling.
To keep you from succumbing to the despair of gas station coffee or, worse, the utter lack of coffee; here is a compiled list of non-electric coffee makers in this article.
Why Buy A Non-Electric Manual Coffee Maker?
Using a non-electric manual coffee maker adds a more personal touch to your coffee. Every phase in the coffee-making process is done manually, and the result tastes rewarding, which is a perfect head start for a day.
Non-electric manual coffee makers, when compared with electric ones, are advantageous in many ways, like they are more affordable, compact in size, and portable. Some may also have unique and pleasing designs. The list covers a range of options for coffee lovers.
Also Read: Best Travel Coffee Makers
Best Non-Electric Coffee Makers [Manual]
1. Hario Glass Technica Syphon Coffee Maker
- Upper bowl, lower bowl and burner are made of the best heat...
- Stand, burner cover, and filter are made of stainless steel
- Imported from Japan
- Item dimmensions are: 14"H x 6.2"W x 4.3"L; 5 Cup Capacity
The most loved and well-known vacuum coffee maker. It is a perfect combination of science and craftsmanship to give its users a unique brewing experience. It is made of Hario’s finest heat-resistant borosilicate glass.
The Hario Technica 5-Cup Coffee Syphon does not require electricity and is designed to withstand rapid temperature changes and thermal shock up to 248°F. It has a combination of various heat source options, each with its own set of characteristics. Hario follows a unique preparation process that produces smooth cups of coffee. It can brew up to 20 oz of coffee at once and can be used with gas stoves.
- Alcohol burner
- Borosilicate glassware
- Made of stainless steel
- Measuring scoop included
- Cloth coffee filter
- Higher durability
- Brew capacity ranges from 2 cups – 5 cups
- Not a speedy brewer
- Difficult to operate
- Cleaning takes time
The Hario Coffee Syphon Technica brews delicious coffee through a vacuum brew method. This vacuum brewer combines excellent efficiency with a stunning standalone design. It’s particularly well-suited for people who enjoy brewing coffee at home as a hobby. This sturdy and well-crafted siphon is made of high-quality Hario glass and stainless-steel fittings.
2. Bialetti Express Moka Pot
- The original moka coffee pot: Moka Express is the original...
- Made in Italy: it is Made in Italy and its quality is...
- How to prepare the coffee: fill the boiler up to the safety...
- One size for each need: Moka Express sizes are measured in...
The patented Bialetti valve is designed for use with gas (stovetop). It uses steam pressure to make the coffee. Moka Pots produce a coffee that is somewhere between espresso and drip coffee. The eight-sided shape of the aluminum pot helps evenly distribute heat, resulting in a delicious espresso at home.
It produces rich, authentic concentrated espresso within minutes. Brewing capacity ranges from 1 cup to 12 cups depending upon the pot size used. The Moka Express is easy to clean and maintain because it is made up of a few simple screw-together pieces.
- Classic octagonal shaped
- Made of high-quality polished aluminium
- Stovetop espresso coffee maker
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Easy to use
- Classic design
- Available in different sizes
- Compact size
- Needs cleaning after every use
- Over extraction of coffee results in a bitter brew
- Requires consistent grind
- Not ideal for large cups
To produce the ideal brew with a Moka pot, you’ll need more skill and a long time of trial and error. However, once you’ve gotten there, you’ll be able to make both weaker and stronger brews with an extraction that’s close to espresso quality. It’s a perfect way to change your coffee routine at home–both in terms of flavor and cost–while avoiding the hassle of going to a coffee shop.
Also Read: Best Stovetop Moka Pot Coffee Makers
3. Aeropress Coffee Maker
- Professional-Grade Coffee Right at Home: A household name...
- Goodbye, French Press: No more bitterness or grit. The rapid...
- Travel with Your Coffee Gear: The AeroPress Original is...
- How to Use: Just add coffee and water, stir, and press....
The Aeropress is a portable coffee maker that follows an immersion brew method, in which the grounds are immersed into water for some time. The grounds used are typically fine as for espresso. For a bunch of reasons, the Aeropress has become one of the most common brew methods, preferred by coffee enthusiasts all over the world. It is compact and affordable and makes the best coffee.
The AeroPress is perfect for someone who enjoys a rich, smooth cup of coffee that is free of acidity or bitterness. In about a minute, it brews one to three delicious cups of coffee. It has a narrow learning curve, you need to add ground coffee, pour hot water, stir it and then place filter paper into the filter cup and it’s done.
The AeroPress is a fantastic addition to any kitchen, but since it’s sturdy, lightweight, and compact, it’s also a great journey, camping, or work companion.
- Made of BPA (bisphenol A) free plastic
- Light and portable
- Takes a short time to brew
- Custom brewing features
- Ease of use
- Customized brewing
- Long-lasting and reliable
- Limited in its capacity
- Not ideal for stronger roast
It is an ideal choice whether you’re making an Americano, espresso, or cold brew because it’s one of the best non-electric coffee makers on the market. While AeroPress provides a thinner finished product, it can also produce strong coffee. It is easy to use, and it allows you to try out new methods like the inverted approach and enhance your barista skills. It makes a perfect cup of coffee in a small duration and with little effort.
4. Clever Coffee Dripper by CoastLine
The Clever Dripper is a one-of-a-kind brewer that is technically a full-immersion brewer. Using Clever is one of the easiest and hassle-free ways to prepare manual coffee. It is made up of lightweight BPA-free plastic, which is durable.
It has a special locking function that helps you monitor the steeping time and filter the coffee with minimal effort. During the brew time, the coffee and grounds sit together until you place the Clever Dripper over your preferred cup, at which point a valve opens, and the coffee is released.
- Fully immersion brewer
- Made up of clear plastic
- Brew control
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- No mess while creating coffee
- Material and design are durable and long-lasting
- Longer steeping time
- Extracting oil from coffee beans is clumsy
- Not ideal for brewing multiple cups
- Slightly bulky
The Clever Dripper is one of the best coffee makers you can pick if you’re about to take your first steps into the delicious world of manual coffee. Its unique design makes brewing simple without putting too much focus on technique. The Clever Coffee maker can be used as an immersion brewer for a hassle-free cup or as a pour-over to practice and experiment with.
5. CopperBull Turkish Coffee Maker
- Thickest Hand Engraved Copper Turkish Coffee Pot. A Very...
- Hand Made in Turkey.
- Copper Thickness : 1mm Capacity: 15Oz
- Height:4" Diameter : 4.5" Weight:11 Oz.
This specialty pour-over coffee maker is stylish, easy to use, and makes a delicious cup of smooth coffee. You just need to refine the technique to achieve the finest coffee. Its sturdy pot is handcrafted from a single copper sheet by skilled artisans. It comes in four sizes, so finding the right spot won’t be difficult.
The pot is lined with a food-safe tin and has a lovely inlaid wooden handle that makes it easy to hold. The longer handle creates enough space between the user and the base for it to be used safely and properly. The detailing, paired with the eye-catching wide base, would make you want to show it off in your kitchen, adding a bit of style. These pots are very long-lasting.
- Made of hammered copper
- Ideal for both gas stove and electric stove
- Quality craftsmanship
- Intriguing design
- Ease of cleaning
- Ensures stability on a stovetop
- Food safe tin lining
- Durable and long-lasting
- Coffee doesn’t remain warm for a longer time
- The handle may loosen over time
- Not ideal for a large number of cups
CopperBull Turkish coffee pot is worth considering for those who want to make 2-3 servings of coffee at once. The pot is handmade in Turkey from 2-millimetre-thick hammered copper. It has high durability and has excellent heat conduction.
Also Read: Best Turkish Coffee Pots
6. Hario V60 Ceramic Coffee Dripper
- This coffee pour over set from Hario provides everything you...
- Includes: Package of (100) Hario V60 02W Coffee Filters...
- Includes: Hario XGS-02 V60 Glass Pot Range Server (with...
- Includes: Hario V60 Ceramic Coffee Dripper (dishwasher safe)...
The Hario V60 is a coffee brewer known for producing a crisp, clean cup of coffee. The Hario V60 has a basic design that allows you to perfect your drip coffee technique and make an incredible cup of coffee. It’s in the form of a “V,” with 60-degree angles. Interior ridges on the internal sides assist with airflow throughout the brewing process.
Coffee grounds are placed inside the filter paper, which is put into the V shape. The brewed coffee then drips into your cup, giving you a delicious cup of coffee. The V60 is an option with a variety of design choices.
- A filter allows you to extract coffee at the center point
- Uses ribbed spirals to improve the flavor
- Available in several materials like plastic, ceramic, metal, or glass
- Small and compact
- Durable and Long-lasting
- Easy to use and clean
- Extracting coffee is not messy
- Faster brewing time
- Greater heat retention
- Steep learning curve
- Requires consistent attention during the process
- Specialty paper filters are required
This brewer is ideally suited for someone with a lot of experience, patience, and a strong desire to learn. It is magnificent in its simplicity but deceptively difficult to master. It’s difficult, but it gives you complete control over the process, helping you to change and perfect each step.
With its wide variety of material choices, you also can customize from single-cup brewing to six-cup brewing. If you want more heat retention but don’t want to carry the heavier ceramic filter cone, the ceramic V60 is a great option.
Pour-over coffee is a well-praised brewing method. It’s equipment every coffee connoisseur has in his collection.
7. Chemex Pour-Over Glass Coffeemaker
- CHEMEX - simple, easy to use with timeless, elegant design
- All CHEMEX Coffeemakers are made of the highest quality,...
- The patented CHEMEX pour-over design allows coffee to be...
- All CHEMEX Coffeemakers are measured using 5 oz. as 1 cup
The Chemex pour-over coffee maker is one of the world’s most widely recognized pour-over coffee makers of all classes. This brewer is a near-perfect blend between aesthetics and efficiency. It has a double-whammy reputation as both a stunning kitchen tool and a high-quality coffee maker.
When used properly, the Chemex produces coffee that is smooth and full of flavor. It takes some practice to master, but the coffee it produces would satisfy even the most knowledgeable pour-over coffee lovers. Chemex filters are made of high-quality filter paper. Its hourglass-shaped flask is made of glass (chemically inert material), that doesn’t absorb odors or chemical residues.
- Proprietary filters made of bonded papers
- Made up of heat resistant, borosilicate glass
- Hourglass-shaped glass flask
- Conical funnel-like neck
- Heat Proof wooden collar around the neck
- Timeless classic design
- Simple to use
- Ideal for controlling the brew
- Timeless classic design
- Wide range of size options
- Since it is made of glass, it is fragile
- It doesn’t keep coffee warm for a longer time
- Proprietary filters can be hard to find
- Steep learning curve
- Not ideal for strong tasting, high texture coffee
The Chemex coffee maker has been around longer than any other pour-over brewer. Its classic style has endured not only because it is attractive but also because Chemex is an excellent brewer. It’s a versatile coffee maker that allows you to take time to perfect each step of the process.
It helps you customize each brew to your tastes with a variety of models to choose from, including the all-glass Chemex Handblown with its arc-shaped integral glass handle and some accessories. If you’re a coffee connoisseur or a dedicated brewer, this is the perfect choice for you.
You might also like: Best Pour-Over Coffee Makers
If this beautiful coffee maker fascinates your taste buds, why not have a look at how coffee is brewed with Chemex!
8. KONA French Press Coffee Maker
- SIMPLY THE PUREST WAY ~ extract & brew any tea leaf or...
- PROTECTIVE DESIGN ~ unique & attractive insulated outer...
- COMFORTABLE HANDLE ~ is durable & sturdy, clever design for...
- EASY TO CLEAN Dishwasher & Microwave Safe with detachable...
For nearly a century, the iconic French press has provided delicious and robust coffee. Its main body is also made of durable glass (thick and resistant to shock), which is then covered by a sturdy frame, allowing you to observe your work in action. This method of brewing coffee is said to extract more acids and oils from the grounds, resulting in a richer, more flavorful cup.
- 3-piece Stainless Steel Filter
- Portable 12 oz model or a larger 34 oz
- BPA — free plastic handle
- Carafe made of Borosilicate glass
- Modern, lightweight design
- Easy to clean
- Can produce multiple servings
- Heat resistant and easy-grip handle
- Durable glass
- Some grounds may slip through the filter
- Doesn’t allow coffee to stay warm for long
- Available in few sizes only and limited color options
When it comes to budget, the Kona French press coffee maker is one of the best options. Its stainless-steel filter and tight screen do an excellent job of providing a residue-free brew, and the two sizes allow you to balance various needs and priorities easily. It delivers quality coffee each time. Also, the unique design and sturdy borosilicate glass make it a perfect choice for coffee lovers.
You might also like: Best French Press Coffee Makers
9. SterlingPro French Press Coffee Maker
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Getting coffee grounds in your mouth...
- DOUBLE-WALL 18/10 STAINLESS STEEL: The interior wall keeps...
- RUST RESISTANT & DISHWASHER SAFE: Designed to last for...
- MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS: Besides using the french press as a...
SterlingPro French Press Coffee Maker is one of the highest quality makers available on the market. It is made up of high stainless steel and borosilicate glass carafes that have high heat resistance and durability. SterlingPro stands out from other French presses not only because of its design but also because of its functionality.
It has a plush finish with only a few stainless strips connecting the bottom to the top and keeping the carafe in place. SterlingPro comes with dual filters, sturdy construction, and a sleek design at an affordable price. It uses a double screen system to brew 8 cups of coffee, traps excess coffee grinds if any.
- Double screen system
- Double-walled construction
- Made up of stainless steel
- Available in 3 different sizes
- Simple and classy design
- Unbreakable and lightweight
- Durable and long-lasting
- Easy to clean
- More heat-resistant keeps coffee hot for a longer duration
- Brews coffee without spilling any coffee grounds
- Small capacity
- The cleaning process is quite tricky
The Sterling Pro is the best option if you’re looking for a big, high-quality French press. It comes with the stainless-steel body’s double-wall construction, which allows you to drink hot coffee without burning yourself. The double-screen filter provides a richer taste and eliminates sediment. It has a capacity size of 8 cups which is quite impressive. If you are looking for capacity, then this is the best choice available in the market.
10. Kalita Wave 185 Drippers
- The Wave Series from Kalita is the premier coffee dripper...
- The flat-bottom coffee bed geometry, patented "Wave" filter,...
- Available in three styles: stainless steel, glass, and...
- Filters not included
Kalita Wave is a pour-over coffee maker which is best suited for entry-level coffee lovers. The contact surface between the filter and the inner dripper is divided by 20 waves on the side, a distinctive feature of this brewer. It comes with a brewing capacity of up to 4 cups. The flat bottom with three holes helps ensure that the coffee does not accumulate; instead, it drips easily into your cup, resulting in consistently delicious coffee. It offers even flavor extraction.
- Polished stainless steel
- Flat bottomed brew bed
- Used by top specialty cafes
- Even brewing of coffee
- Easy to operate
- Produces a slightly stronger coffee
- The classic design makes it attractive for the kitchen
- Filters are delicate; can be easily ruined
- Limited flexibility in grind size
- Less control over resulting brew
The Kalita Wave is a great pour-over coffee maker for just any coffee lover, representing a level somewhere between master and amateur. Brewing with the Kalita Wave dripper is a simple process that can be perfected with a little practice. However, it’s a great choice because of the advanced brewing system and the characteristic wavy design, and the various materials and sizes available.
Liked Kalita, here is our guide about How to use a Kalita! It’s an easy-to-follow guide with proper steps, and believe us, Kalita is really fun when it comes to brewing.
Every coffee maker listed on this list is the best choice for someone who wants to experience coffee at their comfort. Depending on what you are looking for – water tank, material, portability, and much more you can identify to cater to your needs.