Moka Pot brewing is an art every coffee connoisseur likes. It’s a relatively simple form of making stovetop espresso without interfering much with the technology. Though the taste is not exactly the same as in an espresso machine, it has its own delicious cravings.
The Moka pot was invented by Alfonso Bialetti in 1933, an engineer from the Yemeni city of Mocha. So the city and the name of the engineer clubbed up to name this product which quickly became famous all over the world, especially among the outdoor people seeking some portable coffee maker.
The Moka pot brews by passing pressurized boiling water through coffee grounds resulting in espresso at the upper chamber of the pot. The bottom of the pot is filled with water which is placed on the stove for direct heat.
Related – How To Brew Using Moka Pot
At a Glance on the Best Sellers
|1||Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop Coffee Maker, 3-Cup,...||$34.99 $31.28||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Bellemain Stovetop Espresso Maker Moka Pot (Red, 12...||$25.50||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Moka Pot, 3 Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker - 5 oz Manual...||$17.99 $16.98||Buy on Amazon|
|4||LuxHaus Stovetop Espresso Maker - 6 Cup Moka Pot Coffee...||$39.00||Buy on Amazon|
The Best Moka Pot – Our Favorites
In the market, you can find many similar pots and manual coffee makers, and so to save you from diving into the sea of confusion, we have picked the best Moka pots that are built with love. You can shop anyone with confidence – just match up your requirements.
1. Bialetti Moka Press Espresso Maker
Typically, the father of Moka Pot Brewing. Bialetti is a classic one; this Moka Pot offers the traditional experience with updated safety measures and everything you really need. This Pot features an octagon shape, making it classy. It is made out of polished aluminum, making it quite beautiful to look at. Capacity for 3 cups. Stay-cool handles and knob.
Bialetti is the original which was the first invention. The size of 3 is the most common and useful as a large capacity pot might waste a lot of coffee if you have fewer members whereas, with a 3 cup capacity, you can brew multiple times.
The perfectly crafted octagonal design and perfect Italian finish speak for themselves. It can be proudly put in as a centerpiece anywhere. The built material is high-grade aluminum, so no corrosion.
2. Bellemain 6 Cup Stovetop
- BELLEMAIN: THE ARTISANAL, MADE TOUGH: Gift yourself a richer, more intoxicatingly delicious mocha...
- BRINGS EVERYONE TO YOUR KITCHEN: Designed to heat quickly and evenly, this stovetop savior helps you...
- BRING WARMTH TO ANY STOVETOP OR TABLE: Some distract with busy graphics or finishings that can’t...
- SAFETY FEATURES: Stay-cool handles and lid knobs protect waking fingers. And our safety valve...
- THE PERFECT SIZE: Makes up to 6 demitasse (2 oz.) cups on any gas or electric stovetop—enough for...
Bellemain is from New York and is known for its perfect products. This model is very similar to the first one and features a more minimalist design. With the same aluminum finish, and the stay-cool handles and knob. This one has a 6 cup capacity and looks extremely traditional and classic. You can buy a 3-cup or a 12 cup too depending on your needs.
The stay-cool handle, cool lid knob, and safety valve are there to protect your delicacy. The aluminum construction ensures that there will be no metallic smell in your coffee. With a price almost similar to the Bialetti, this one is a good pick if you have already tried the previous one.
3. Rumia Espresso Pot
- 【Luxury Glass & Stainless Steel】The crystal glass of Rumia moka pot allows you to check the...
- 【Classic Safety Design】The heat-resistant handle of Rumia clear moka pot is made of soft and...
- 【Portable & Convenient Size】Our coffee percolator can be easily picked up and put down with one...
- 【Functionality & Easy of Use】When using the clear moka pot, please choose ground coffee for Moka...
- 【High Quality Stovetop Espresso】 With Rumia Moka stovetop espresso maker, our Rumia Moka coffee...
The new vibe in the town is about Rumia. This beautiful stovetop is gaining a lot of attention due to its beautiful design. The bottom base is made up of stainless steel and is topped with a transparent crystal glass container. The good thing is – you will be able to watch the beautiful process in the glass container.
The handle is heat resistant so you are safe to lift the assembly on the stove. All the safety features are thoughtfully implemented so that you don’t have to worry. Perfect for people who would love to flaunt their living room with this beautifully designed Moka.
4. BonIVO Intenca
- ✔ LUXURY FOR ESPRESSO LOVERS: The Intenca stainless steel espresso maker stove top was made...
- ✔ EASY TO USE: Just the feeling of making espresso in the traditional way is enough to relax...
- ✔ BONVIVO QUALITY: We understand and appreciate the importance of good coffee, either in your...
- ✔ DESIGN: Just looking at the Italian coffee pot will remind you of “la dolce vita”. The...
- ✔ QUALITY AND VARIETY: The bonVIVO espresso maker is made of stainless steel with a...
If you are fed up with the old school designs, go for this one. It is sure to become a centerpiece even if you put it in your living room. With a premium look, it’s a classic one to owe. This one features perhaps the best old-school looks you will find in this list. It’s a cool gift for someone who just loves coffee.
It’s made out of stainless steel but with a chrome or copper finish, this Moka Pot looks fantastic. With a 6 cup capacity, it is also quite big, and overall this Moka pot is just gorgeous.
Because of its stainless steel construction, you can even use it with an induction top, which was not the case with the previous two we talked about. Safety valve and cool handle to hold are again a standard in this one too.
5. Bialetti Kitty Espresso Maker
- Stainless steel construction
- Suitable for use on gas, electric, and ceramic stove tops
- Heat-resistant handle
- The exclusive Bialetti safety valve for easy inspection and cleaning
- 10-cup capacity = 20oz
The first one features a modern look, and let me tell you, it rocks at doing that. This Bialetti is like the new-age cousin of the first one; made out of stainless steel and with a great ergonomic, heat-resistant handle, this one is another beautiful piece of art. It’s available in different capacities, from 2 cups all the way to 10 cups, making this a versatile contender.
This one is made out of stainless steel and so, it can also be used on an induction stove. The design is ted different from the traditional Moka pots, it sticks well to the female coffee crowd, and that’s why it’s named ‘Kitty’.
6. Cuisinox Espresso Pot
- Classic Italian method of brewing espresso
- Made of 18/10 stainless steel
- Induction base
- 1 extra gasket & reducer included
- Sizes based on 1-1/2 ounce "cups" = approximately 9 ounces
This one looks refined. It seems rather French and not Italian if you ask me, and the most classy pots you will find anywhere. Cuisinox brings this Stainless Steel Moka Pot, and it looks just fabulous in any kitchen. Has a capacity of 4 to 10 cups, depending on the version. The Handle is nice, but I instead have those always-cool handles.
Cuisinox espresso pot is a little costly than all the above we talked about, almost double. The reason is high grade built quality. It’s made from 18/10 stainless steel. The 18 refers to the chromium content which gives the product the rust resistance properties. The 10 refers to the nickel content which gives it a silver-like shine and again some rust resisting property.
7. DeLonghi ALICIA Electric Moka Pot
- The Italian way to make authentic Coffee with the Mocha process. It involves just a few steps; Fill...
- Your Coffee will never burn or overflow with the safety automatic shut off; And the keep warm...
- Easily monitor the entire brewing process with the transparent container; It's durable and easy to...
- Choose 3 or 6 Cups of Coffee with the convenient filter adapter
- Serving is simple with a detachable base for cord free serving
The First electric pot on the list. The best thing about electric Moka pots is that the machine always measures the heat. You don’t have to worry about burning your coffee, and everything is made easy at the same time. Made out of stainless steel, along with plastic and such for the electric section, this is an excellent Moka Pot. And probably, the easiest to use of them all. It can make 3 or 6 cups, depending on what you need. Always-cool handle.
The equipment comes with a 3-cup or a 6-cup filter which was not with the traditional ones, and so it’s a unique feature. Another feature is the keep warm function which keeps the coffee warm for 30 minutes after preparation. The auto-off function activates when the pot is lifted from the base, keeping things safe aside.
8. BeneCasa Espresso Maker
- 3-Cup capacity - output - 400W
- Transparent container
- Aluminum boiler
- On/off switch with indicator light
- Cool touch handle
And to finish the list, another electric contender, Bene Casa brings this slightly smaller Moka Pot. It makes 3 cups of coffee, and unlike the previous machine, it has an aluminum boiler. Also with a transparent container, so you can see how the coffee flows to the upper section. Cool-touch handle.
The unique feature of this product is the transparent pot allowing you to see the beautiful process of Moka pot brewing.
Buying Guide Moka Pot (Stovetop Espresso Maker)
The Pot Material – From the classic aluminum to the new stainless steel, it tastes and what you like better. In my opinion, stainless steel tends to be easier to clean and feels better, but aluminum is classic and looks pretty good as a part of any kitchen.
The Pot Capacity – This really depends on each one of us and the needs we have. How much coffee do you need from each brew? How many people tend to drink coffee at your place? That being said, the capacity tends to be from 3-10 cups depending on different brewer variants.
The Pot Handling – This means how easy it is to use each Moka Pot. And let me tell you, there are some significant differences here. Some new electric Moka pots are incredibly easy to use, but, they are not as traditional as the basic ones, and obviously, they are not as cheap.
We hope that the above content has given you good insights about Moka Pot brewing as well as some guidance about buying one. Though we tried to cover most of the aspects, but still if you think something is missing, do poke us via email and we will be happy to add that.