To ensure that absolute freshness remains an integral part of your coffee brewing process, many manufacturers have introduced models that integrate a coffee grinder into the brewer itself. This allows the beans to be ground just before the brewing process, making the freshest cup of coffee possible. The devices are called Grind and Brew coffee makers or simply coffee makers with grinders.
After doing a thorough article about the regular drip coffee makers, we thought to write about this blended machine as well. Grinding just before brewing really makes a difference.
If you are thinking about the cost of these machines, don’t worry, as they just hop around the same regular drip coffee makers.
Our Favorite Grind And Brew Coffee Makers
- Best Budget – Cuisinart Single Cup Grind And Brew
- Best In Features – Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker
- Overall Best – Cuisinart Automatic Burr Grind & Brew
We have already scoured the web to sort and picked the best units that do the work deliberately with utmost precision. Read ahead to find those.
Best Coffee Makers With Grinder – Top 10 Picks
1. Cuisinart DGB900 Automatic Burr Grind & Brew Automatic
- 24-hour fully programmable coffeemaker with auto shutoff,...
- Double-wall insulated stainless steel thermal carafe with...
- Built-in automatic burr grinder and 8-ounce bean hopper...
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone...
A great model from Cuisinart. So we have started this article with a Cuisinart will be ending by the same brand. You might already have heard about Cuisinart a lot when talking about the coffee brewers and might already see that this brand has the most hold in the coffee maker with bean grinder units.
The DGB900 is one of the best coffee makers with grinder. It’s a 12-cup coffee maker that comes with a glass carafe, bottomed with a hot plate. This one looks pretty well anywhere and can be placed to flaunt off. The half-pound beans hopper keeps them fresh with its sealed lid and the auto rinse feature ensures that coffee grounds are properly induced to the filter basket.
Features and Preferences
- Comes with an automatic ground dispensing feature
- Burr grinder
- Programmable from 4-12 cups
- Direct flow of grounds to the filter
- Auto rinse feature
- Flavor strength options – Regular, bold, or extra bold
- 12-cup capacity
- 24-hour timer
- Gold-tone brew filter
- We can use coffee grounds with the ‘Grind Off’ feature
- Inbuilt charcoal water filter
- It has features such as clean cycle reminder and auto shut off
Most of the drip brewers come with 2 strength control options; this one comes with 3. If you are not happy with your previous brewers because of weak coffee, DGB900 might help. It comes with the extra option of ‘Extra Bold’ strength. More options that are notable include an inbuilt charcoal filter to throw out the water impurities; an option to cut off the grinder so that coffee grounds can be used; a programmability and auto-off feature.
- The carafe design could be better
- Grinder sounds loud
If you are one of those people who just cannot compromise on taste and are afraid to ask someone else to make a cup of coffee for them, this coffee maker is the best choice, no questions asked. The reason why it is highly recommended is that it makes coffee just the way you like by memorizing the number of scoops, the strength of coffee, etc. Needless to say, if you are conscious about how your coffee needs to taste, waste no time in acquiring this one.
2. Cuisinart DGB700BC Coffee Maker with Grinder
If you think that brewing awesome-tasting, freshly ground coffee is never easy then it is time to change your perception. The reason behind it is simple: Cuisinart DGB700BC. This 12-cup automatic coffee maker has a special burr grinder that impeccably grinds the beans moments before brewing a heavenly-tasting cup of coffee for you. It is fully programmable and comes with a brew-pause function, auto-shutoff, 8-ounce bean hopper, etc.
Features and Specs
- 24-hour fully programmable
- Comes with a strength selector
- 8 oz. capacity bean hopper (sealable)
- The brew-pause feature lets you enjoy the cup before the completion of brewing
- Integrated burr grinder
- LCD display and easy control
The machine has a rather simple interface and a design. Overall, it is an average-looking machine that can be set up quite easily. The programmable brewing is not complicated and all it requires from you to set pour grinds and filter in advance. But there is no denying that this machine has the traits to take care of almost everything for you.
Cleaning Cuisinart DGB700BC requires a bit cautious approach, especially when you are cleaning clinging grinds. It is because moisture can be the reason behind making the grinds clump and collect in the chute.
- A bit pricey for a brewer that can be observed as a mid-level brewer
- Aesthetics are not quite impressive
- The brewing temperature can max out at 180° F
This has what it takes to make your morning routine easy and stress-free. Don’t let the price fool you because it is a robust mid-range brewer that provides the utmost freshness, taste, aroma, and convenience to the user. Overall, it is a fantastic choice for anyone who loves to brew auto-drip and convenience.
3. Cuisinart DGB650BC
- 10-Cup automatic coffeemaker with built-in automatic bean...
- Fully programmable with Auto shut off, Brew Pause, 1- to...
- Double-wall thermal stainless-steel carafe keeps coffee hot...
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone...
Unarguably, a perfect cup of coffee in the morning is exactly what everyone needs to kick the laziness out of the body. Making a perfect cup of coffee is not rocket science but it isn’t a walk in the park as well. There is a need for the right amount of water, flawless brewing, and captivating aroma, and of course, the amazing flavor that we all love. If you look around, you’ll find only a handful of coffee makers that are deemed as the best in the coffee-making business. And if a list of Cuisinart coffee makers is being made, it will be incomplete without Cuisinart DGB650BC.
Features and Specs
- It is fully programmable
- Comes with a built-in bean grinder
- It is a 10-cup automatic coffee maker
- Thermal stainless steel carafe (double-walled)
- 1-4 cup setting, brew-pause setting, an auto shut-off, and grind-off option
- It comes with a permanent gold-tone filter and charcoal water filter
- It has a clock/LCD display
- Its weight is 11 pounds and its dimensions are 9.8 x 12 x 17.5 inches
Setting up the machine is quite convenient and users find it quite simple to program the machine at a predefined time to grind the beans etc. The digital control panel and automatic brewing save up a lot of time and it is worth mentioning here that it has a 24-hour programmable function.
Cuisinart DGB650BC comes with an instruction booklet that simplifies the whole process of cleaning and maintenance. However, it is important to keep in mind that this machine does require frequent cleaning if not daily.
It is a coffee maker that is within the price range of many and one cannot neglect the fact that it impeccably balances both quality and style. Many users find it super easy to use and praise its all-around performance. All in all, if you are looking for a small, affordable coffee maker that gets the job done then it is one of the best options at your disposal.
- It makes noise while brewing
- Requires frequent cleaning
- Not suitable for commercial use
Here is a complete review of DGB650BC if you would like to read more about it.
4. Cuisinart DGB-1 Single Cup
- Grinds & Brews up to 16 oz. at a time
- Blade grinder automatically grinds whole beans and dispenses...
- Simple controls are as easy as 1, 2, 3 - add beans, add...
- Grind-off feature allows you to use pre-ground coffee
If you are looking for a single-serve coffee machine with a grinder that seamlessly brews one great-tasting cup of fresh ground and brewed coffee then Cuisinart DGB-1 is just the right choice for you. It is super easy to use because the independent blade grinder automatically grinds whole bean coffee and dispenses it into the coffee filter basket – it is as easy as it seems. Overall, this single-serve machine has all the traits to fully satisfy your coffee addiction.
Features and Specs
- Simple control makes it ultra-easy to use. All it takes is three steps: add beans and water and press the ‘grind and brew’ button
- It has the capacity of grinding and brewing 16 oz
- Whole beans are automatically processed by a blade grinder
- Pre-ground coffee can be used by the grind-off feature
- Comes with a removable drip tray
When it comes to setting up this machine, it is probably the easier thing ever. All you have to do is to plug the machine and simply follow three steps: you add beans, water and press the ‘ground and brew’ button – even novices can operate this machine with fair ease. The drip tray of the machine can be removed quite easily to accommodate a travel mug. Thanks to the removable drip tray, cleaning the machine is quite easy.
- Some users can find 16 oz. storage capacity is not enough
- Coffee grounds can sometimes enter the coffee
Given the fact that it can easily brew coffee in three simple steps, how can someone not fall in love with it? It is perfect for someone who does not drink a ton of coffee but is looking for just an amazing cup of coffee early in the morning or after a hectic day. Overall, it is the best grind and brew coffee maker that comes at a reasonable price range.
5. Black N Decker Mill N Brew
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide...
How often have you come across a coffee maker that not only delivers unmatched taste but also looks as sophisticated as George Clooney? Black N Decker Mill N Brew is not only known for providing rich taste but also for its classy look. It can easily convert your favorite whole coffee beans into a ‘rich in taste’ strong or mild cup. With the already integrated QuickTouch programming control panel, you can control the strength of the brew or set the timing for the auto brew at your convenience.
Features and Specs
- It has a 12-cup capacity
- Included features such as brew strength selector and auto brew
- Already installed grinder/brew filter
- QuickTouch programming allows the user to use amazing features such as 24-hour auto brew
- Auto shut-off feature
- Comes in black color
- It has a freshness indicator, ready indicator light, and water-level indicator
It is fully programmable and setting it is easy just like it is with other coffee makers in the market. The digital control panel makes it simpler for the user to operate the machine. The carafe and removable brew basket is dishwasher safe and cleaning the machine hardly consumes your time. All you have to do is remove the all-in-grinder and permanent filter and simply wash it in the sink.
- It takes extra counter space
- It has an inseparable grinder
- There are lots of buttons which can confuse the user
The machine can easily brew multiple cups of coffee with ease and your favorite beans can be ground by a simple touch of a button. On top of all this, digital controls give you the power to customize the settings as per your taste and preferences. All in all, it is an amazing machine that delivers great-tasting coffee every single time.
6. Breville Grind And Control BDC650BSS
- Product note: Please refer to user manual (provided below in...
With Breville BDC650BSS, you can grind your coffee beans in the way you like and get an instant delicious brew that is simply out of this world. Thanks to six different grind settings, you can grind about ½ pound of beans with the adjustable grinder. This coffee maker has a programmable ‘autostart’ feature that ensures you get a great cup of coffee early in the morning. In short, it is the answer to all your early morning coffee-making problems.
Features and Specs
- Comes with 8 coffee strength setting
- It can brew coffee of 12-cup carafe
- Programmable auto-start
- It features “Steep and Release” technology
- LCD screen displays real-time feedback on strength selection, grind size, water level, and brewing time
- Includes removable storage hopper
- The weight of the machine is 16 pounds
- Dimension: 9 x 14 x 17 inches
All the machine needs are few initial startups and it is good to go. Simply plug the machine and pour coffee beans in its hopper. Press the brew button and get a great cup of coffee within no time. Cleaning and maintenance of the machine is rather easy and all it requires is brushing out few crevices. And removable drip tray makes cleaning less time-consuming. However, the machine needs to be maintained for better use.
- A bit taller than most grinders in the market
- It has to be cleaned more often
In the end, it all comes down to how the coffee taste and thankfully, the coffee that comes out of this machine taste great. Some users might find it a bit complicated but a user manual is quite helpful because each instruction is explained in detail. Overall, it is a good machine that delivers a perfect cup of coffee whenever you desperately need one.
7. Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide...
If you are looking for a coffee maker that grinds beans seamlessly along with brewing functions, Capresso 465 is the one you need to be looking at. Don’t let this tiny machine confuse you because there is more to it than just the size: a strong conical burr grinder that does a great job along with a good brew. One of the best aspects of the conical burr grinder of this coffee maker is that it turns coffee beans into unvaryingly shaped grounds within no time. You can set the brew setting as per your choice and the stainless steel thermal carafe ensures that no reheating is required for hours. Overall, it is a small machine with big, impressive functions.
Features and Spec
- Stainless steel carafe that keeps coffee hot for hours
- Built-in string conical grinder
- Capacity of making 10-cup of coffee at a time
- 5 grind setting and 3 strength setting
- Can choose from 5 different brew amount
- Comes with a 6-ounce bean container
- It has a brew mode that can be used with or without grounding coffee beans
- Its weight is 9 pounds and the dimensions are 9.8 x 9.5 x 15.5 inches
Capresso 465 is not a complicated machine and setting it up is quite hassle-free. Thanks to the easy-to-read LCD display, you can get an idea of what you are doing and what needs to be done. The LCD displays show brew strength setting, grind, and time. You can easily clean the grinder channel by looking at the detectable see-through cover that gives a clear idea of when the machine needs some cleaning. Even the permanent GoldFilter is quite easy to clean. Overall, cleaning the machine is not time-consuming but it is best to clean it on a frequent basis.
You can easily adjust the grinder to achieve the taste you like (there are 5 fineness settings). The charcoal water filter is quite effective in removing about 82% of chlorine from water and other impurities. However, it is recommended to use filtered water to make your favorite cup of coffee. The conical burr grinder is surely one of the main reasons this machine is highly recommended. The brew is great and when it comes to taste, it is prodigious as well. So, it is definitely a machine that you can have without any doubt in your mind.
- The grinder is a bit loud (but still bearable)
- The brew temperature is a bit low
8. Krups KM785D50 Coffee Maker with Grinder
- 10 CUP COFFEEMAKER W/ BUILT IN GRINDER: Brew great tasting...
- EASY CUSTOMIZING: 2 to 10 cup grinder setting for...
- AUTO START & KEEP WARM: Schedule the brew cycle to start...
- BREW PAUSE & PRECISE POURING: No need to wait — pause and...
If you are one of those avid coffee lovers who just cannot spend a single day without drinking coffee, then you need to use Krups KM7005. Apart from the amazing taste, another attraction of this coffee maker is its design that can easily complement any modern kitchen. It can easily produce 10 cups of coffee with fair ease. Needless to say, the manufactures of this coffee maker have surely emphasized a lot on technology and quality.
Features and Specs
- It is an automatic bean to cup coffee maker
- Precision coffee grinding
- Automatic conical Burr grinder
- 3 coffee strengths feature (mild, medium, strong)
- It has 5 levels of grind
- Carafe can be removed easily with the help of the Pause and Serve feature
- Automatic shut-off
- Back-lighted LCD with a programmable timer
- Weight of the machine is 12 pounds and the dimensions are 11.5 x 11.1 x 15.5 inches
It is programmable and this means that it can easily be set to automatic brew at any given moment. Users have highly praised it for the convenience it provides and that is why it is widely regarded as one of the best grind & brew coffee makers in the market. When it comes to cleaning, the machine requires minimal cleaning after every use and it is only because some grounded beans tend to stick to the grinder. So, to ensure that the next batch of coffee remains unspoiled, it is best to clean it after every use.
- The grinder is a bit louder
- Some users found it a bit pricey
The machine has made it much easier to make delicious cups of coffee without going through any trouble at all. One thing can be said with absolute confidence that this machine provides satisfactory results every single time. It is affordable and provides the taste that you desire the most. What else do you need?
9. Gourmia GCM4700 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- GRIND AND BREW: This powerful combo will automatically...
- SET AHEAD: Instantly grind and brew- or save precious...
- KEEP WARM: Take your time singing in the shower. This hot...
- SLEEK DESIGN: Features a durable stainless steel body, 2 oz...
Let’s face it, life is hectic and we don’t have time to enjoy little things. For instance, you wake up in the morning and you are running short on time and you just cannot wait for the coffee to brew because time is ticking. Gourmia GCM4700 is the answer to your time problems because the machine enables you to program brewing timing at night. This means that you’ll have a hot piping cup of coffee ready when you want it to be ready. Without compromising on quality, Gourmia ensures that you get to enjoy little things in life.
Features and Specs
- The hassle-free features ensure that the user doesn’t have to worry about anything
- Compatible with both coffee beans and ground beans
- It is programmable and the user can easily control when he/she wants coffee to be ready
- Keeps the coffee warm while you prepare yourself
- Capacity of serving 10 cups of coffee
- Comes in black color
- The design is durable and sleek
- It is ETL certified
- Weight of the machine is 6.67 pounds and its dimensions are 11.5 x 7.5 x 12 inches
The machine comes with a manual that explains the whole process of setting up the machine and cleaning it. However, it is not that difficult to set up the machine as it is programmable and it is easy to comprehend the control panel. The basket design of the machine ensures that the user can easily clean the machine.
- Users can find the grinding noise a bit loud as compared to other machines
- Sometimes coffee grounds can find their way to the coffee
Many users found this coffee maker extremely helpful and convenient because of its feature that allows the user to set the timer for desired time. Overall, it is a perfect coffee maker that is perfect for anyone who is either too lazy in the mornings or always running late.
10. Cuisinart DGB900BC
- Cuisinart Grind & BrewTM 12-Cup Automatic Coffee Maker...
- Strength selector allows you to choose coffee strength:...
- Sealable, 8 oz. capacity bean hopper holds up to a...
- Brew PauseTM lets you enjoy a cup before brewing is finished
Cuisinart has long been in the kitchen appliance industry and also has a good history in making amazing coffee brewers that have been serving for a long. In the Bean to cup category of coffee brewers, Cuisinart is the leader and has multiple options to pick from.
Even though the market is filled with low-cost combination coffee makers and grinders, Cuisinart DGB 9000BC has the traits that make it worthy of your attention. There is no denying that Cuisinart has been producing premium-quality grind and coffee makers for years now, and they have truly won many hearts ever since they introduced a much improved Cuisinart DGB900BC.
A burr grinder coffee maker that amazingly combines a standard drip machine and a burr grinder in one simple device. It is programmable and boasts a very elegant-looking glass carafe for awesome looks.
Features and Specs
- 24-hour fully programmable coffee maker
- Thermal carafe can hold up to 12 cups of coffee
- Built-in burr coffee grinder (automatic)
- Comes with grind control and strength selector
- 8-ounce bean hopper can easily hold about half a pound of beans
- Comes with a permanent gold filter and charcoal water filter
- Its weight is 9.5 pounds
- The size is 17″‘H x 9″W x 10″D
The sleek and stylish design of DGB 9000BC gives a classic look. Setting up the machine is easy because the control panel is simple and easy to comprehend. The controls easily allow you to program the grinding schedule up to 24 hours in advance. There is a release lever that can be pulled to remove the permanent GoldTone filter. The easy removal makes cleaning the device convenient for the user. Overall, a bit of extra cleaning and maintenance is needed for this machine.
- Ground sediments can be found at the bottom of the carafe
- It has to be cleaned after every 2-3 days
- The grind can make the brew stronger
If you are one of those people who like to grind their own coffee beans, then this machine is perfect for you. The machine is easy to use and delivers more than expected results.
Buying Guide – Coffee Maker With Grinder
Although Grind and Brew coffee pots are true space-saving units, there are still some factors to consider. A true coffee enthusiast is always trying to choose freshly ground beans over pre-ground beans. After all, there has to be absolutely no compromise on the taste, aroma, and quality of the coffee. If you love freshly grind and freshly brewed coffee, without much hassle, a coffee machine with grinder is all that you need.
When it comes to buying a coffee maker with a built-in coffee grinder, it is best to have a proper understanding of things before making a purchase. So, let’s start!
Various Grind Settings
Given that everyone wants their coffee ground according to their preference, these coffee makers come with different grind settings. The availability of this feature enables the user to create either a thick coffee; or one with a smooth taste. There are machines that can give you 20 to 60+ grind settings – choose the one that suits your needs.
You choose the machine with the low or high-capacity grind, it all depends on how much coffee you would like to consume. Some people prefer high grinding capacity because they do not want to go through the hassle of grinding coffee beans every time they brew a pot of coffee. The grinding capacity of these machines can vary from making 4 to 14 cups of coffee in one go.
Multiple Pouring Options
Look for the one that has different areas where you can easily grind coffee. For instance, there can be a filter basket or you can pour directly into the portafilter. This feature enables you to adapt the grinding of your coffee according to the needs of the machine.
While buying a coffee maker with grinder, one of the important factors to consider is Programmability. There is no denying a programmable machine provides convenience to the user. For instance, if you feel lazy in the morning to get up early and make a cup of coffee, you can choose a machine that comes with a 24-hour programming feature – it brews your coffee before you wake up.
Another programming feature to consider is the Auto-Shutoff. People often forget to turn off the machine at night which leads to more energy consumption and increased electricity bills. A machine with an auto-shutoff feature ensures there are no accidental brews, spills, excessive electricity bills, or even short circuits.
You should look for machines that can Brew a small volume of coffee as well. It is a suitable feature for those who like to enjoy a single cup of the morning and do not want to brew an entire pot of coffee. Another feature to look for is the Brew-Pause function that enables the user to break the brewing process and enjoy mild-brewed coffee.
Carafe or Hot Plate
Choosing a thermal carafe or hot plate depends on how you like your coffee. It is because a thermal carafe is best known for keeping the coffee hot and fresh for hours and a hot plate is not quite recommended to people who like to drink their coffee hours after it is brewed.
The thermal carafe is insulated and this means that there is no need for a hot plate to keep the coffee warm. One of the main reasons why the hot plate is not the best option is that it gives the coffee a burnt taste. Given that a glass carafe sits on a hot plate for hours, it will stay hot but the taste will start to change as well, the taste will become more acidic.
Therefore, it is best to consider a grind and brew coffee maker, that comes with a thermal carafe. You can choose a glass carafe if you like to drink freshly brewed coffee and not the one that sits on the hot plate for hours.
You can find coffee makers that can serve over 14 cups in a single go and then there are machines that can serve up to 4-6 cups. Choosing the right machine depends on how much coffee you consume in one sitting or if there is more than one person in the house who drinks coffee. However, most machines have an average serving of 12-14 cups.
You can get a good coffee maker with a grinder for less than $50 and a premium one for over $250. While the features may vary from one coffee maker to another, price does play a role as the expensive ones come with more enhanced and quality-providing features.
If you’re into quality and more convenience, look for some high-end models. If you’re experimenting, it is best to buy a reasonably priced coffee maker before investing in a more expensive one. Regardless of what you choose, one thing that can be said with certainty is that grind and brew coffee makers are the best at providing freshly brewed coffee with an aromatic and rich taste.
The above units were among the very good models. But still, if you are asking for the best coffee maker with a coffee bean grinder, I suggest going with the Breville BDC650BSS as it comes from a very reputed family of coffee machines and is one of the most advanced forms in the category.
Cleaning is not a big thing, just clean as you would clean your drip coffee maker. After that, clean your grinder with a dry brush. If the grinder parts are removable, take them out and clean them thoroughly.
Two abrasive revolving surfaces grind the beans in a uniform size which is again controllable. There are various settings that allow editing the results which are not available in the blade coffee grinder.
Using a burr grinder is not a tough thing and once you get to know the settings, it will be a much easy task. There are a number of grind settings that vary for the brewing method as grinding coarse, medium, or fine.
For obvious reasons, Yes! These grinders tend to produce uniform grind size with less static and heat which results in perfect grounds for optimal brewing. The blade grinders produce a lot of heat and inconsistent particle size which gives a very sluggish coffee.
It all depends on the brew method. Since we are here talking about drip brewing, the medium grind setting is fine. To know more, have a look at our coffee grind chart for more details about various brewing methods.