With so much variety to choose from, we are mostly in dilemma as to which one to pick and which one to leave. Over time, Keurig K-cup coffee flavors have evolved with so much variety, and so, confusion is very natural. Over time, this counting has grown to thousands of varieties to sort from.
I personally believe in keeping things at a minimum to avoid confusion and so, will introduce you to some of the Best K-Cup Coffee flavors and assortments. The selection below is the top-selling and best-tasting flavors that you can trust. Once you have found the perfect taste, it gets easier for your next purchase and can buy in bulk to save on some costs.
Before we go any further, let’s try to help you more in finding the exact thing you might be looking for. We have guides about various categories of K-Cups. Following are their descriptions, see if you find something you have been looking for specifically:
- Hot chocolate is a hot-selling flavor in coffee as well as Keurig K-cup too. We have a dedicated guide about the best Hot Chocolate K-cups if that interests you.
- If cappuccino is your favorite, there are lots of brands manufacturing your loving drink. Here is a collection of only the best cappuccino K-cups.
- Caffeine is sometimes avoided by many due to many reasons. So to keep that simple, we again have a list of the best Decaf K-cups to find your favorite.
- Starbucks as well all know is a big brand in the coffee industry and many people follow them. If you have a craving for them, why not try the Starbucks K-cups collection.
- We all know Green Tea is a healthy thing. Well, Keurig offers that too and you can make that with your brewer. Here is the list of our favorite Green Tea K-cups.
- Lastly, if you are looking as to how to use freshly ground coffee with your Keurig brewer, here are the best reusable K-cups to achieve that.
Best K-Cup Coffee Pods – Our Favorite Picks
The collection will include both K-cups from Keurig as well as other alternate brands as that gives us more freedom to filter the best ones,
1. Tully’s Breakfast Blend
- We keep it slow and low at Tully’s Coffee
- Bright and lively. Morning mild.
- Caffeinated, light roast coffee
- Certified Orthodox Union Kosher
Tully’s is a well-known brand in the coffee industry as they have maintained their specific standards of the end products. The Breakfast Blend by Tully’s is an exceptional flavor that is 100% Arabica. These are made from light roast beans that have slightly citrus notes and a mellow, mild flavor.
It is a blend of Central African and South African coffee beans that has a sweet floral aroma with hints of blackberry and citrus.
2. Eight O’ Clock Hazelnut
- Supremely rich hazelnut flavor
- Medium Roast
- Orthodox Union Kosher
The name says it all. This coffee is a medium roast with a supreme rich taste of hazelnut. This blend is also a 100 % Arabica batch ensuring a great experience.
Make your coffee with a strong setting or the 6 oz size to have the best flavor from this K-Cup.
3. Green Mountain Breakfast Blend
- BRAND STORY: The mountains are where Green Mountain Coffee...
- TASTE: An eye-opener as delightful as the dawn itself. Clean...
- ROAST: Light roast caffeinated coffee made with 100 percent...
- SUSTAINABILITY: Committed to 100 percent responsibly sourced...
Now, this is one of the hottest selling blends all over. Green Mountain is an entity of Keurig that solely makes K-Cups. There are numerous varieties, but the Breakfast Blend is exceptional.
It is a light roast coffee with medium acidity and rich flavor. This K-cup is compatible with almost all the Keurigs as it’s an in-house product by Keurig.
4. San Francisco Bay OneCup French Vanilla
- FRENCH VANILLA: This popular classic, French...
- KEURIG COMPATIBLE: Designed for use with K cup style single...
- ECO-FRIENDLY, COMMERCIALLY COMPOSTABLE: OneCup pods,...
- SF BAY COFFEE is a family owned, American made company with...
The only product that has over 20000 reviews on Amazon and still averages 4.5 ratings. This company started 40 years back with 6 family members and has grown to over 25000 people now. Another specialty is that the product is made with plant-based renewable resources, so the used K-cup is completely safe to be used as compost. It is also one of the cheapest k-cups in the market that doesn’t compromise with the taste.
There are many other flavors, but the most picked is French Vanilla. It has a rich creamy taste of French Vanilla beans and most people love it.
5. Keurig Variety Pack
- Includes 12 K Cup pods of each of these 6 varieties: Green...
- Sample different coffees and discover your favorites from a...
- Contains authentic Keurig K Cup pods, engineered for quality...
- Includes light, medium, and dark roast coffee as well as...
If you are just starting up on Keurig, then this one pack can be very helpful to you. It contains Tully’s, Green Mountain, The Original Donut Shop, Caribou Coffee, and Newmans.
Each variation has 12 pods to try totaling 72. This pack lets you try 5 flavors for the price of 1 after which you can go for a single purchase you liked. You might need a k-cup holder to keep things in an accessible way.
6. Caribou Coffee Mahogany
- Bold aromatic dark roast
- Sweet vanilla and molasses tones
- Rugged earthy finish
- Ideal dark roast for light roast drinkers
Mahogany is a dark roast coffee with the Rich Woody notes. It is 100% Rainforest Alliance certified and Kosher certified too.
Being dark roast, it gives a jolt in the morning for coffeeholic’s. Try if you are in search of some strong flavors that taste rich and bold. This coffee will give you a good kick to wake up in the morning.
7. Starbucks Black Coffee Variety Pack
Absolutely, it’s hard to find a person who hasn’t heard of Starbucks and it’s no surprise that they make K-cups too with their flavors. To let you start with them, they have a variety pack consisting of 6 different flavors.
The package will be packed with French Roast, Cafe Verona, Sumatra, Pike Place Roast, House Blend, and Breakfast Blend. Each flavor will have 10 units. After trying, you may go for your best-flavored coffee k-cups in individual packs.
8. Another Starbucks Variety Pack
- The Starbucks Flavored Coffee Variety Pack includes Caramel,...
- Starbucks flavored coffees have the natural, café-inspired...
- We are currently updating our packaging look. You may...
- Starbucks Flavored Coffee Variety Pack includes 6 boxes of...
This is another variety pack by Starbucks that packs its most marvelous flavors. The brand is already known for its amazing cafes. They have brought some of their signature drinks into k-cups for Keurig brewers.
In this variety pack, you will get Caramel, Vanilla, Hazelnut, Toffeenut, Toasted Graham and Cinnamon Dolce flavored coffees. It is also one of the hottest selling products of Starbucks.
9. Folger’s Classic Roast
- Contains 6 Boxes of 12 Folgers Classic Roast Medium Roast K...
- Rich, pure medium roast coffee in convenient K-Cup pods
- The Best Part of Wakin’ Up in simple, single-serve pods
- The smooth flavor and distinctive aroma you love, brewed...
Folger is an iconic American brand established around 150 years ago. For these years, the brand has been active in providing Mountain Grown Beans that wake you up desperately.
Classic Roast is a medium roast coffee that is rich and aromatic, 100% pure coffee. It is for sure going to stuck with you for long.
10. Dunkin Donuts Bakery Series, Caramel Coffee Cake
- Contains 6 boxes of 10 Dunkin' French Vanilla Flavored K Cup...
- Crave-worthy vanilla flavor
- A smooth and flavorful medium roast coffee, specially...
- Enjoy in any Keurig K-Cup brewer for an authentic Dunkin'...
Again, a well-known brand in the bakery industry. They also make some marvelous tasting K-Cup flavors that can yum your tongue anytime in the whole day.
These vanilla flavored K-Cups contain 100% Arabica coffee that results in a light and lovely sweet cup of coffee. There are other flavors too that are worth tasting by this brand.
11. San Francisco Bay OneCup Variety Pack
- ORIGINAL VARIETY PACK: This SF Bay OneCup variety pack...
- KEURIG COMPATIBLE: Designed for use with K cup style single...
- ECO-FRIENDLY, COMMERCIALLY COMPOSTABLE: OneCup pods,...
- QUALITY COFFEE: San Francisco Bay Coffee uses only 100%...
In the above selections, we talked about the San Francisco French Vanilla flavor with almost 20000 reviews. Here is a variety pack by the same brand with a mix of 4 variants – French Roast, Fog Chaser, Rain Forest, and Breakfast Blend.
The variety pack alone has one of the highest reviews and ratings, and for sure, you will too be surprised with the amazing blends it has.
12. Peak Performance High Altitude Coffee
- Compatible With All Devices - 100% Recyclable Coffee Pods -...
- Healthy Coffee Rule #1) Always Go Organic. Why? Because...
- Healthy Coffee Rule #2) Coffee Grown At High Altitude Is...
- Healthy Coffee Rule #3) Single Origin Coffee Is Better. Why?...
Peak Performance is a Fair Trade coffee that is USDA Certified Organic. They believe that a Single-origin coffee is best for both health and mind.
Organic coffee is devoid of pesticides and the crops are cultivated at High Altitude with utmost care to make your coffee cup a healthy one. They even provide an ebook with the package that details a lot about healthy coffee drinking.
13. Wake The Hell Up Coffee
- ULTRA-CAFFEINATED: Wake The Hell Up! provides an extra boost...
- WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL: Experience the original fan favorite....
- K-POD INFO: Each cup contains 12 grams of fresh medium-dark...
- OUR PROCESS: Roasted in small batches to ensure you get the...
Utica Roasting Company, a coffee roasting group started back in 2002 at Genesee Street in Utica, NY. These roasters follow the principle of roasting small batches so that the coffee remains fresh to the buyers.
According to the company, this product has 300-350mg of caffeine/cup as compared with the standard 95-200 mg/cup, which is high enough to give a jolt.
14. Java Factory Da Bomb
- Java Factory Da Bomb is a Double Caffeinated, Extra Bold,...
- Yes, this coffee comes with a warning label. Exploding with...
- Brew great tasting, quality coffee one cup at a time and...
- A great cup of coffee starts with the beans. At Java...
With the almost double the amount of caffeine in a regular 8 oz of a coffee cup, this product is straightly going to wake you up with a jolt. It’s an extra bold dark roast coffee made with a love of Java.
The K-cups by Java factory are Keurig 2.0 compatible and so be careful if you have an old brewer.
15. Death Wish Coffee Cups
- WORLD’S STRONGEST COFFEE: Death Cups are packed with our...
- EASY COMPATIBILITY: Death Wish coffee pods are easy to use...
- BOLD FLAVOR: Immerse yourself in a smooth, subtle, never...
- FAIR AND ORGANIC: Every single serve of Death Wish Coffee is...
The company says – ‘If it’s not the strongest K-Cup-style coffee pod you’ve ever had, we’ll refund you in full’. What more to expect! People who are addicted to high caffeine and a strong bold taste of coffee should definitely try this. The beans by Death Wish are also included in our favorite coffee beans list.
If you have an old 1.0 brewer, then only these K-cups are compatible as the brand has not developed products for the 2.0 brewers.
How To Make Your K-Cup Coffee Taste Better
Keurig users often complain about a weak cup of coffee. Here we will tell you few tricks on making the coffee taste batter and less watery from your K-Cup coffee maker.
- The best and easiest way to make better coffee is to use 2 pods in the minimum ounce setting and that doubles up the weaker dose. With the lowest ounce, it becomes less watery.
- The second trick is to use dark roasted K-cups that result in a stronger coffee. Make sure you use the 6 or 8 oz setting to make the coffee less watery.
- If the coffee tastes bitter to you, add a pinch of salt which creates a chemical reaction making your coffee taste smoother.
- Use fresh water every day. Don’t top up the water tank at the full level until you need that.
- Keep your machine perfect by running white vinegar into it to clean all bad built up. After running vinegar, make sure to run plain water too to avoid the smell of vinegar. Do this bi-monthly or monthly depending on usage.
- Before using the machine, make a habit to run a water cycle to make the machine hot. Do this every time when the machine is not in use from 3-4 hours.
- Avoid last drops of coffee as they are the least potential and more watery.
- What is K-Cup coffee?
Keurig is the brand that manufactures coffee containers called K-cups which are used in their patent single-serve brewing systems. Each K-cup is packed with a predefined portion of coffee grounds and makes a single cup of coffee.
- Are there any good K-cups?
Yes, there are many but along with some bad ones. That's why we have created this article listing all the best K-cup coffee brands available. Some good names are Donut shop, Java Factory, Dunkin Donuts, and many more.
- Do k-cups taste better?
Our answer would be a neutral one to this. Some K-cups taste very good over others, but with the original freshly brewed coffee, they may lack behind.
- Is the K-cup unhealthy for us?
This question is still somewhat in suspense. The sources from Keurig say that the K-cups are made from a mix of plastics that is nitrogen flushed and BPA free. The coffee is safe to drink but the K-cups themselves are not biodegradable.
- How do you use K-cups?
1. First step is to place your favorite K-cup into the coffee chamber of the brewer
2. Top up the water reservoir if required and place the coffee mug below the dispensing spout
3. Choose your brewing size (if applicable) and hit the 'Brew' button
4. You are done brewing a K-cup
- Which k-cup coffee has the most caffeine content?
Death wish as whole coffee beans has the most caffeine content, and now they have a k-cup too. It was listed above in our list.
In The End
All coffee is not the same and you must not stop tasting and trying. There are always new flavors coming up and even improvised versions of some already in the market. We have tried to list some of the best picks we really liked, and hope you guys like them too.