Love that creamy-foamy layer of milk on top of specialty drinks like cappuccino and latte! I bet, most of us do. But it’s kind of expensive to go regularly to cafes; instead, why not try that at home.
Frothing is an important step of making coffee and when you do that right, you are paving your way to present it beautifully. When we make a latte, frothing and steaming are a very major part of the whole process.
In this article, we will be introducing you to some of the best milk frothers to get that amazing foamy layer on top of your coffee at the convenience of home. Most of the espresso machines come with that thing as built-in, but in budget espresso machines, either they don’t have that function or it’s not that great.
And don’t worry, these are not any expensive gear and won’t cost you a lot of money. There is just the need for some practice to do the things right and yola, you can create great froth like a barista.
Best Milk Frothers – Our Favorite Picks
1. Breville BMF600XL – Our Top Pick
- Latte frothing disc for smooth and silky milk. Please review...
- Cappucino frothing disk for thick and creamy froth
- Hot chocolate maker, by simply adding drinking chocolate...
- On-board disc storage
Breville, a prominent name in the coffee industry serving for years with its exceptional gears like BES870XL Barista Express. The frother too is indeed is amazing and does its job exceptionally well.
This product comes with 2 separate discs for latte and cappuccino as both have different froth requirements. It also has an induction heating feature that gently heats the milk along with frothing and automatically switches off when the desired temperature is reached. There is an onboard storage of frothing discs so that you don’t lose them.
- Has both heating and frothing function
- Heats in an array of temperatures according to requirement
- Separate frothing discs for varying textures of latte and cappuccino
- The jug is dishwasher safe
- Little on the expensive side
- Bigger footprint
- Doesn’t works with less than 1 full cup of milk
2. Nespresso Aerocinno 3 Milk Frother
- Rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth
- 1 button for all preparations, 1 second button pressure for...
- Maximum hot & cold milk froth capacity: 4. 1 oz. Maximum hot...
- Auto shut off when finished. Non-stick surface
Almost everyone in this coffee world would have heard words about this milk frother, and why not, it has been serving people for a longer span. It does make quality froth for your long drinks. It also comes as a package with a few of the Nespresso machines
Aerocinno houses just one single button for its hot and cold froth operations. You have to press the button for 1 second for hot froth and 2 seconds for cold froth. The froth heat-up time is really quick in this product.
- Very simple to use with a single button
- Nonstick surface
- Can work with less milk also
- No temperature control
- Not dishwasher safe
3. Capresso 202.04 Froth Pro Milk Frother
- BEST FROTH: Produces perfectly frothed milk for cappuccino,...
- LARGE CAPACITY: 8-ounce for frothing, 12-ounce for heating...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Dishwasher safe, removable milk pitcher with...
- SIMPLE OPERATION: Illuminated controls for selecting cold,...
Our next pick is Capresso, the same brand that makes affordable coffee products that deliver great results. The Capresso Froth Pro is designed to give you a convenient experience. This product comes with 2 frothings and 1 heating disc. They can be stored magnetically under the base.
The interface is quite simple with just 3 buttons – cold, warm, and hot. If you are using the heating disk, the unit will not produce any froth and will just heat the milk while if you are using the frothing disk, it will give you cold or warm milk with froth.
The unit has an auto shut-off feature for safety. The pitcher is removable and dishwasher safe. The see-thru lid helps us see what’s going on inside. We can use a max of 8 oz milk for frothing function and 12 oz for just heating.
- Very easy to use
- Dishwasher safe pitcher
- Illuminated controls
- Function for just warming the milk
- No steamed milk
- Short life span
4. HadinEEon Milk Frother and Steamer
The name might sound new to the coffee people but rather it’s prominent for quality products. This frother produces great foam that you are going to love for your latte. The jug shape helps to pour the frothed milk easily over and over. It’s inside stainless steel and no plastic.
The unit comes with 2 disks, somewhat the same as Capresso. The first disk is for frothing and the second just for heating. Install the frothing disk and press a cold button for cold froth or press a hot button for hot froth. Put the heating disk and press the hot button for just hot milk. It’s just that simple.
- Very easy to use
- Inside stainless steel
- Optimal heating temperature of 140℉
- Stainless steel handle
- Rotating base
- Not dishwasher safe
- Disk can be lost easily if not taken care of
5. Secura 4 in 1 Electric Frother
- Milk Frothing and hot chocolate maker creates creamy froth...
- Turns 250ml milk into creamy foam, twice the capacity of a...
- Heating whisk and frothing disks, for heating milk or...
- The stainless-steel milk cafe has a proper jug spout which...
A simple and easy-to-use interface that almost resembles the same process as the above frothers. What makes it distinct from others is the magnetic technology that attaches the jug with the base to function.
The jug is made up of stainless steel with a small spout at the top so that pouring doesn’t spill the milk. It also comes with 2 separate discs for frothing and only for heating purposes. The heating disc can be further stored under the base so that it doesn’t get lost in your kitchen.
- Auto shut off
- Magnetic technology aids quiet operation
- Large capacity of 250 ml
- Dishwasher safe
- See-thru lid
- A little noisy
- Takes a little longer to make foam
6. Aicok Electric Steamer with Hot or Cold Milk Froth
For people who live single or just 2, this one might be more useful than others. The maximum milk that can be froth is 115 ml and it’s marked inside. It can also heat as well and the max level is 240 ml.
The product has Strix Temperature Control that automatically shuts off when the temperature reaches above 149 Fahrenheit. There is just a single button for all controls. You need to press for 1 second for hot milk or hot froth and 3 seconds for froth with room temperature.
Then whisk in Aicok frother comes with a detachable spring to just heat the milk. Attach it again when using it for froth.
- Small foot print
- Easy to use and wash
- Quick operation
- Can only froth 115 ml at once
7. Gourmia GMF225 Cordless Milk Frother
- 3 IN 1: Top off your steaming mug with either hot or cold...
- ONE TOUCH: A single tap of either pre-programmed button- and...
- CORDLESS CARRY: Rotates 360º and lifts off base for free...
- EASY CLEAN: Designed with a sleek stainless steel exterior,...
The next product on our list is by Gourmia with a detachable base. Its durable stainless steel construction ensures long life and an insulated body means the temperature remains consistent. You can have hot froth, cold froth, or simply heat the milk with a velvety texture.
The unit has pre-programmed buttons for hot and cold froth which let it run for 60 seconds. You can froth 115 ml or heat 240 ml of milk. The detachable kettle makes the cleaning process a breeze. Moreover, it is an ETL-certified product which means the product is safe to use and has quality parts inside that serve for a longer span.
- Detachable base
- Simple to use
- Stainless steel construction
- Doesn’t makes the milk hot instead warms the milk about 120 F
- Froth capacity is small, can’t make a double latte.
8. HIC Milk Creamer Frother, Manual
- HIC’s Milk Frother creates a frothy rich foam for topping...
- Made from 18/8 stainless steel and nylon; lid had built-in...
- Measure milk into pitcher, place plunger inside and secure...
- Create frothed whole milk, skim, goat milk, hemp milk,...
The next on our list is a little different gene as it doesn’t use any electricity or batteries but rather, works manually with bare hands. Don’t worry, it gets you foam within 60 seconds and that’s why it’s great for people who go outdoors frequently and need latte or cappuccino for their caffeine requirements.
If you are buying this pot for frothing, it’s fine but doesn’t have many expectations if you need the heating part too. Many reviews state that it doesn’t heat very well as the pot takes a long time to do that which gives a little scorched milk. Also, there will be some milk residue in the end at the bottom when heated which larges the cleaning part. Though, it’s good for making foam, especially in the outdoors!
- No need for electricity
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Doesn’t heats up well
- Makes less foam as compared to other electric ones
9. Bodum Latteo 8 Ounce – Best Manual
- Milk frother manual milk frother creates an airy foam in...
- Glass carafe made of durable heat-resistant borosilicate...
- Quick and easy beat the milk by moving plunger frother up...
- Durable design milk frother features a silk plastic lid with...
Bodum is an old brand working in the coffee industry for a long span. They have been giving some great french press, grinders, and carafes as well. Now we have a manual frother by them that produces airy froth within 30 seconds. The carafe and handle are made of borosilicate whereas the lid part is of BPA-free plastic. The plunger that does the work is stainless steel.
To start with, just fill the carafe or jar with milk till the max mark. Put the lid and move the plunger up down till the desired froth is made. Being of glass helps in having an eye on the process. If you need warm froth, remove the lid and put the jar in the microwave for 30-50 seconds. It’s that simple.
- Borosilicate glass looks beautiful and process is visible
- Dishwasher safe
- Relatively cheap than other electric ones
- Microwave safe
- Spout sometimes spills the milk
10. Vomelon Handheld Travel Frother
- 【GET CREAM QUICKLY & MULTI-FUNCTIONS】-Our portable milk...
- 【DESIGNED FOR HOME AND TRAVEL】-The battery-operated milk...
- 【ENVIRONMENTAL MATERIALS】-Compare to other plastic milk...
- 【SIMPLE TO USE & EASY TO CLEAN】-The one-press button on...
For campers out there, this is indeed a great product for making lattes and cappuccinos on the move. This is a nonfragile battery-operated frother that slips in the bag anywhere.
The product is gets powered by 3 AAA batteries. It has a powerful 20000 RPM motor that produces the froth just in around 15 seconds. There is a cap to prevent the blender whisks from damage. The whisk is food grade 304 stainless steel to keep it safe.
- Produces great lather
- Simple and easy to use
- Runs out of the battery quickly
11. Zulay – Best Handheld Milk Frother
- Make Rich, Creamy Froth In Seconds: We coffee lovers are...
- Matcha Whisking, Coffee & More: Works better than a manual...
- Proven and Trusted Quality: We use only premium materials....
- Easy To Clean and Store: The durable convenient metal stand...
Frother list cannot be completed without the inclusion of one from Zulay. This is by far the cheapest and highly rated handheld frother that many people have already used. With above 3000 ratings of 4.5-star average, it is one of the most sold products on Amazon.
Zulay frother is run by 2 AA batteries and makes rich foam for an array of drinks like cappuccino, latte, or hot chocolate. You can even use it to whisk protein shakes in the drinking glass itself without using a separate container. The sturdy stainless steel whisk works perfectly on almost all types of milk – half and half, creamer, soy, almond, cashew, hazelnut, whole milk, and other dairy such as butter or cream. It comes with an easy-to-store stand that looks great too.
- Powerful and portable
- Easy cleanup
- Array of colors to choose from
- Quiet operation
- Live person chat support
- Button needs to be pressed continuously till the operation is needed
- Weaker rotation when used with more than one cup of milk
12. Bonsenkitchen Electric Frother
- Perfect Milk Frothing: High speed rotation of food safe...
- Ergonomic & Portable Design: Lightweight hand milk frother...
- Classic Never Outdate Style: The coffee milk mixer is styled...
- Easy to Use: Simple one-touch switch with a powerful motor...
Running on 2 AA batteries, this product is somewhat similar to the Zulay but has solved the problem of the switch. You just need to press the button once to switch it ON, and again to switch it OFF whereas, in Zulay, it has to be pressed continuously till operation. This product is also a little cheaper than Zulay, and the batteries are included in the package.
This product also has above 3000 plus reviews that are average of 4.5. People say it helps to make bulletproof coffee amazing. All in all, it does seem to be a great try if you are looking for a budget frother.
- Cheaper to buy
- Powerful handheld
- Portable, easy to carry on outdoors
- Eats up battery quickly
- No stand to hold
How to buy a Milk Frother
For the people buying a milk frother for the first time, it can be a dilemma to choose their best one. To help with that, we are listing few things to look at and it will help in making your decision closer to the right product.
Considering the Type of frother is one important thing to look for. If you are trying to buy it for a home, consider an electric-powered one else if you are looking outdoors, go for a battery-powered or manual small unit that can easily slip into your bag.
The manual unit will not consume any electricity whereas the powered frother either will consume electricity or battery. So it will be a recurring expense. Also, the electric one will not be portable. So decide this as well before buying one.
This is again an important factor to look at in an electric frother. If you want to warm the milk along with frothing it, then look for this function, or else, you would have to heat the milk separately. If your need is just to make cold froth, go for a simple one without this function and it will save some bucks.
If the budget doesn’t permit to buy a $100 frother, it’s a total waste to look for premium ones. Simply make your budget, and then look in for those that fit that.
We hope you have enjoyed reading the above products and positively have found your favorite frothing equipment. The list has products almost in all the categories, be it electric, manual or battery-powered. So choose your priorities and take your best decision.