The Gaggia Accademia Espresso Machine is a super automatic that hails from under the hood of a reputable brand. It promises to quickly deliver excellent espresso shots and other coffee drinks at just a touch of the button, which has us quite intrigued! That is most people’s dream – to have great cup of coffee cappuccino or later without all the utmost effort at the comfort of their home.
Glance on the Gaggia Accademia
Given the popularity and high standards of the Gaggia brand, naturally we have high expectations for this unit. Moreover, super automatics tend to be more expensive than other types of espresso machines, so we hope this unit is truly as special as its makers advertise and worth spending that much money. It has pre programmed drinks that can be made with just a push of a button; espresso, cafe, caffe lungo, cappuccino, latte, latte macchiato and also hot water for the soups or any other ready to eat meals that need hot water.
We have put the Gaggia Accademia to the test, and here are the results.
Features And Specifications
- Stainless steel body
- 15 bar pump pressure
- Digital display
- One-touch selection from any of 7 pre-programmed coffee beverage options
- Programmable Coffee Quantity from 7 to 10 cups
- Double boiler for simultaneous espresso pulling and milk frothing to instantly produce milk-based coffee drinks
- Ceramic burr grinder that can be adjusted from coarse to fine
- Burr Grinder with Integrated Bean Hopper and Double Lid to prevent escape of aroma
- Built-in container for coffee grounds that is removable from rear
- Integrated cup warmer for pre-warming your espresso cup
- Adjustable espresso length
- 1.6 liter water reservoir
- Steaming wand that doubles as a hot water dispenser
- Automatic cleaning and descaling
- Removable brewing group for easy maintenance
- Energy saving automatic standby feature
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 11 x 16.8 inches
- Weight: 45 pounds
- It’s a beautifully crafted machine that is sturdy and durable. While opening the box, you can immediately see that a lot of quality effort was put into creating this machine.
- Easy to use in an understatement! Simply push a button and it will deliver fantastic coffee. It’s that easy! This machine requires absolutely no skill or know-how for you to get high-quality coffee beverages from this machine. Also, it will produce rich, flavorful espresso with thick tasty crema on top.
- It has many coffee beverage options and gives you a lot of control over how you’d like to have your coffee. Espresso, cappuccino, latte, americano, or simply a nice dark brew, this machine can do it all! It is easy to adjust the settings cup-by-cup to achieve whatever coffee beverage you desire. The machine can also memorize your preferences.
- Cleaning takes little to no effort, since this machine has a self-cleaning function that will flush and descale itself whenever needed. The drip tray and brew units are easily removable for when you have to wash them.
- You wont have to spend additional money on add-ons such as a tamper, grinder or water filter, because this super automatic espresso maker already has all those functions built in. Most notable is the high quality ceramic burr grinder that it ships with. You can also use pre-ground coffee with this also, if that is your preference.
- The auto-frother delivers smooth silky microfoam and instantly combines it with an espresso shot to make your cappuccinos, lattes, and such. You can also use the steam wand to manually steam your milk if that is your preference.
- The sleek digital display makes it easy to choose how you’d like to have your coffee. This is an admirable modern touch.
- It can accommodate various sizes of cups and glasses. From tiny espresso cups to large coffee mugs or your travel canister. This is a refreshing change from many other coffee machines that only have space for a very small cup.
- It heats up quickly, so you wont have long to wait before it starts churning out awesome coffee!
- It is very expensive, with a price tag of around $1600, depending on the vendor. That is expected however, since super automatics are usually very pricey.
- The milk coming from the auto frother is not piping hot as it should be. To get super hot milk, you’d have to manually heat it using the steam wand or microwave. This inconvenience is not expected of such a pricey super automatic espresso machine, but still, it’s the cons in many super automatics.
- The interior drip tray is quite small. It fills up very quickly, sometimes after making only 3 rounds of coffee. You will find that you have to remove and empty it very often.
- The catchment for the coffee residue is also too small. You’ll have to dump the grounds quite frequently too.
- The water reservoir is not really very big. You may find yourself having to refill it more often than you’d like.
The Gaggia Accademia Espresso Machine is sleek in design, super easy to use, and consistent in producing many excellent coffee beverages with just the push of a button.
The price might be high, but it makes up for that by consistently delivering a high-quality espresso and coffee that makes it all worth the investment. It does have one minor fault, with the milk being warm rather than hot which is almost a bug even in best super automatic espresso machine, but otherwise this machine makes excellent coffee drinks for you, your family and friends.
The Gaggia Accademia totally lives up to its reputation as an easy-to-use espresso machine that will deliver fantastic espresso in a short time. We recommend this machine unreservedly and do hope you invite us over for a cup when you get one of your own!
In Conclusion, we rate the Gaggia Accademia Espresso machine an impressive 4.5 out of 5 stars! It only lost 0.5 points mainly because of the issue with the auto frother giving warm, rather than hot milk, otherwise we would have given it a perfect rating!
So, do you plan on purchasing a Gaggia Accademia coffee machine? Or are you a long-time owner? Do share your experience with this impressive unit and leave your comments below. We love to hear from you!
See larger image
The Italian company Gaggia has been producing coffee machines for years now. They are a name of quality and when they launched their product Gaggia Brera, the expectations were high. It didn’t take much time to establish that Brera is a fully-equipped and result-oriented automatic machine. It has a compact footprint to ensure that you
This mid-range Gaggia Titanium Super-Automatic Espresso Machine is designed to make your morning espresso or latte as effortless and consistent as possible. You’ll fall in love with it’s first look. Once you’ve chosen your settings, a single press of a button will take you from whole beans to a hot cup of perfect espresso every time.
Jura has introduced Jura ENA 9 Micro One Touch for people having low space to accommodate a super espresso machine because not every coffee lover has a lot of counter space to devote to their caffeine habit. If your countertops are dominated by overhanging cupboards, or if you want an office coffee maker to fit
The Jura Impressa Z9 is a perfect example of amazing future coming ahead and the brand Jura already has reputed hands in making advanced products.With Roombas, self-driving cars and even more “robot servants” on the horizon, it seems like we’re finally entering the future we were all promised back in the days of the original Star
Shopping for the perfect espresso maker can be a nightmare. With so many systems available, it is hard to know which is the right choice. This only gets more concerning when you consider the price of some of your options. The last thing you need is to spend serious cash on a brewing system that
- Brew Control
- Built Quality
An amazing combination of features, design and built, this is what Accademia is all about.