Large display screen, 70 oz huge water reservoir and bold looks is what that defines the Keurig K475 2.0 Brewer. This model came up after the discontinuation of Keurig K450 which was rather built for exclusive use of pods made by Green Mountain only. With the introduction of Keurig 2.0 technology, the machines were not compatible with the older reusable K-cups.
The machines only accepted pods made and licensed by Green Mountain and that stopped users from using the older or unlicensed pods. This step was not in favor of its loyal customers and so, the company saw a drop in sales by 23 percent. The brand lately thought that they are not going the legit way and so, they introduced a new series of coffee makers including Keurig K475, which is now compatible with the older K-cups too.
Keurig K475 Review & Features
Keurig, as we all know is a leading brand in manufacturing Single Serve Machines and can be easily found in many kitchen counters all over. If you are searching for a one cup coffee maker, K475 is a great pick. It is a new product but is already popular in it’s category. Below, we have done a complete review of K475 which will probably help you discover it’s overall potential.
Design And Features
Inheriting the same look of the Keurig default look, this machine is a little bold with large LCD screen, biggi reservoir and a descent silver ascents. K475 is a little taller than it’s siblings and spans a shorter length on the platform, hence saves some space. Additionally, this piece utilises technology to identify the inserted pod and optimises brewing. You can also make iced beverages with this Keurig. Heating up of water is a SCORE in this coffee maker and it does this thing quickly, so you don’t have to wander around to do other things.
- Dimensions: 10.43”L x 13.63”W x 13.45”H
- Weight: 14.1 lbs
- 2.4 inch LCD Screen
- Compatible Pods: K-Cup Pod, K-Mug Pod and K-Carafe Pod
- Reusable Coffee Filter: Keurig 2.0 My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter
- Brew Sizes: K-Pod- 4, 6, 8, 10, 12; K-Mug- 12, 14, 16; K-Carafe- 22,26,30 (in Oz)
- Removable Water Reservoir: 70 Oz
- Strength and Temperature Control
- Five Temperature Settings
- Cord Storage
- Brewer Maintenance Alerts
- Auto On/Off
- Digital Clock
- Separate Settings for Hot Beverages like Mocha, Cocoa and Chai
- K-Carafe Auto Brew
- High Altitude Setting
- It includes: 6-count K-Cup® pod variety pack, water filter handle and two water filters
Performance And Taste
The most important aspect of any coffee maker is their overall performance and the output it delivers. It’s one of the easiest machine on the planet to brew coffee at home. Moreover, the large screen guides about everything you want to do. People have used it for years and are yet satisfied with it since it still produces the same beverages as it does at the start. As a result, the coffee produced is literally hot and perfectly brewed (as compared with the same category products).
The K475 Keurig is equipped with a low noise motor that lets the machine not sound weird while functioning, like K145 OfficePRO does. The latter has a heavy-duty motor that is made to last long since it is being a target for offices where use is recurrent and fast. K475 is targeted for home use and hence, the parts used are quite feasible for that. If you are a coffeeholic and make about 15-20 cups a day, we would rather suggest going with Keurig K145 as it’s sturdier built for heavy use.
- Easy to use
- Large water tank
- Easy to brew
- Multiple temperature settings
- Heats up quickly
- Big touch screen
- Takes up counter space
- Short Power Cord
- What's in the box: 6 k cup pods and a water filter handle + 2 filters to help your beverages taste...
- Large 70 ounce water reservoir: allows you to brew 8+ cups more before having to refill, saving you...
- K cup pod brew sizes: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ounce). Brews a carafe (22, 26, or 30 ounce) using k carafe...
- Strength control setting: allows you to brew a bolder cup using any k cup pod brew size. Plus, five...
- Large color touch screen: with a digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in...
The Keurig K475 is a great choice for a small family who loves to drink coffee in a general way much as every home does. It’s well built, bold, and looks good. It’s not for coffeeholic’s rather it is for coffee-loving people. Also, it is a little tall than others so check the place where you are going to place it as the height can be a problem. Moreover, the price part comes under the $200 tag and it is included in our list of K-Cup Coffee Makers. One similar option is the Keurig K575 which boasts of a larger 80oz water tank and a big LCD. Overall, the K475 Keurig is a great machine for beginners or intermediates who don’t have much time to brew, desire a good tasting coffee, and can afford the Pods too.