OUR TOP PICKS FOR BEST SMALL COFFEE MAKERS
- Best Under the Counter – Black +Decker SCM2000BD
- Best Small – Chulux Single Serve
- Top Multifunctional – Nostalgia Breakfast Station
With the increasing chaos, SPACE is one common problem most people are facing everywhere. Often, we find that this limitation of space transcends all aspects of life. Microwave, mixer, and obviously coffee brewer take up a lot of space. If not selected carefully for physical countertop real estate, what may seem like the perfect purchase may leave you redecorating many things just to accommodate your new device.
Thankfully, there are now options that help alleviate this problem. Some under-the-cabinet coffee makers can make use of forgotten spaces. There are even mini-sized small coffee makers that perform outstandingly. With time, many under cabinet coffee makers got discontinued and the best one due to high demands comes in and out of stock. So, we will focus more on the top-rated space-saving coffee makers that can accommodate the smallest of areas in your kitchen or any tight corners. Along with this, we will also talk about few combination appliances that are a combo of a coffee maker with another kitchen appliance to save the platform area of one complete appliance.
Whatever the nature of your space limitations, you can still find the perfect coffee maker for your needs. If you don’t think wisely before buying one, you might end up occupying a large area of your counter with oversized caffeine creating gizmo. Rest assured, there are some smart choices available in this category to help you prevent that from happening. Counting on the ‘space’ factor, with careful thought, we have come up with a list of the best picks for compact coffee makers that are true space savers.
Obviously, there are many different kinds of space-saving equipment when it comes to making coffee like French Press, Aeropress, and Chemex, but they take a lot of time and manual work to brew a cup of coffee. Also, they do require a lot of cleanups which can leave the kitchen a mess, especially if you are new to using them.
Best Small Coffee Makers [Space Saver]
1. Hamilton Beach 46205
- Fast, easy filling rotating base lets you easily access the rear water reservoir with just a quick...
- Programmable clock set it up the night before with the programmable clock and pour yourself a hot...
- Adjustable brewing options 12 cup capacity with bold, regular, and 1 to 4 cup brewing options
- Swing out brew basket with release button with the touch of a button, the brew basket releases from...
- No spill serving automatic pause and serve lets you grab a cup during the brewing process without...
This simple quality drip coffee machine makes full use of vertical space, which may be exactly what you need if you don’t have under counter space and also less area on the countertop.
- Settings for brewing regular or bold
- Glass carafe with 12-cup capacity
- Option to brew 1 – 4 cups
- Programmable brewing
- Burner temperature control
- 2-hour shut-off
- Removable reservoir for easy filling
- Swing-out basket with release button
- Swivels on base for easy access to the water reservoir
Although it isn’t marketed specifically as a space saver coffee maker, this model has few features that make it ideal for certain types of cramped kitchens. The tall narrow shape means less of your countertop’s surface area will be used up. The swivel base allows you to remove or fill the water reservoir without pulling the coffee maker out from under the cabinet.
Most of all, people, on the whole, are happy with the coffee that this Hamilton Beach model brews. The brewing temperature is high enough. Some people want to keep their coffee as hot as possible while others worry about it getting a burnt taste, so the adjustable burner temperature is a great way to keep everyone happy.
Maybe some people report that the front panel has some tendency to fall off when the brew basket is opened or closed. Another common complaint is that it’s not possible to sneak a cup of coffee in the middle of brewing. But overall, this Hamilton Beach coffee maker is a popular choice for consumers.
2. KitchenAid KCM1202WH 12-Cup
- Refined Brew Process. Watts- 1100. Power Cord Length- 2.8 feet
- Digital LED Display
- Variable Brew Strength Selector
- Removable Water Tank
- 12-Cup Glass Carafe
It does seem that in our search for small coffee makers, the Kitchen Aid KCM1202WH is one of the most beautiful in terms of design. This coffee maker has an even smaller footprint than the Hamilton Beach ultra-compact coffee maker we just covered, which is hard to believe from the images. This Kitchen Aid is available in either white or onyx black and has a rounded shape in contrast to the boxy design of Hamilton Beach. It’s not wrong to say that it is probably one of the most beautiful coffee makers available. Both of the colors have their own charm so it is up to personal preference which of the two small footprint coffee makers to pick. The Kitchen Aid KCM1202 comes with the following features:
- The glass carafe holds 12 cups
- Adjustable brew strength
- 1 – 4 cup brewing option
- Removable water reservoir for easy filling and cleaning
- Pause brewing to pour a cup
- 24-hour programmable brewing
- 2-hour automatic shut-off
- Reusable gold-tone filter included
While this machine makes a good cup of coffee, it also keeps it hot for a couple of hours. Note that it uses a flat basket filter (the picture on Amazon’s page is a bit misleading), which may be what some people find inferior to cone filters.
Overall this is a popular machine with consumers. Some find it a bit messy: because, the lid of the brew basket collects a lot of condensation, which can spill everywhere when you lift it. Others have said that the pause function doesn’t work quite as well as advertised.
This machine, like the others reviewed here, is programmable so that you can wake up to freshly brewed coffee. Some owners find that the clock tends to lose time, so make sure you check it before you go to bed at night! Otherwise, this is a great choice if you’re looking for a coffee maker that doesn’t hog too much of your counter.
3. Chulux Single Serve
- 【SINGLE CUP COFFEE BREWER-12OZ】CHULUX personal coffee maker fits 1.0 and 2.0 pod coffee capsules...
- 【ONE BUTTON ON/OFF OPERATION】800W heating element with rapid brewing system.Our brewer with blue...
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT + TRAVEL SIZE】The compact design takes up tiny space and make this one cup brewer...
- 【BUILT-IN RESERVOIR + REMOVABLE DRIP TRAY】The water amount you pour equal to coffee amount that...
- 【FOOD-APPROVED MATERIAL + EASY TO CLEAN】BPA-free material for water tank and piercing...
With this single cup coffee maker, you can brew a cup of coffee in just 1 or 2 minutes with just a single press of a button. It’s a k-cup brewer that is compatible with most of the pods available in the market. You can use K-cups by Keurig that is easily available anywhere. Do not use the Nespresso coffee capsules as they are meant for espresso.
This coffee maker can be easily seen in many offices, dorms, and homes too and the reason behind this is its easy operation and durable construction. It has a removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
The only thing we didn’t like in this is a small water reservoir of 12 oz and the solution I found for this is keeping a jug full of water nearby this coffee maker.
4. Braun Brew Sense BF7150
- Pure Flavor Brewing System- Consistent great flavor from the first to last drop
- Fully Programmable- 24-hour clock, auto-on/off and 1 - 4 cup functions
- Bold Strength Selector- Allows you to enjoy your coffee regular or bold - just the way you like it
- Extra Large Digital Display - User-friendly control panel with LED indicators and easy-to-read...
- Consists of lcd display. Parts are dishwasher safe. Anti-Drip System - Lets you pause and pour...
Braun has recently introduced its series of Brew Sense coffee makers that really do make sense. One popular among them is the BF7150. The appearance of this brewer is modern and appealing, with very clean construction and a large bold display, making this coffee maker very easy to use.
The brewer comes with a Pure Flavor Brewing System that gives consistent flavor till the last drop of coffee. What’s more, it’s programmable on-off, comes with 2 brew strengths, 1-4 cup selection, self-cleaning, and 3 keep warm temperatures.
The carafe lid is designed to pack the flavors inside even after brewing. It’s a 12 cup coffee maker but it’s just 7.9 inches wide so takes very little space on the counter.
5. Kenmore Elite 76772 Coffee Pot
- Makes up to 12 cups
- 24-Hour programmable timer maker
- Charcoal water filtration cleans out of the water for fresh coffee
- Comes with a reusable gold-tone filter basket
- Removable water tank makes it easy to refill
With durable stainless steel construction, a 5-year warranty, and the Kenmore Elite badging, this coffee maker brings complete peace of mind to all who it. For years the Kenmore Elite name has given consumers trustworthy devices built with ingenuity. It even looks modern and unique with its great design features. It is a compact 12 cup coffee maker with a convenient vertical visible water tank on the back.
The brewer comes with 24-hour programmability and a reusable gold-tone filter that can be easily removed and washed. The water tank is also removable for easy cleaning. It also comes with a charcoal filter that removes the impurities from the water.
The carafe is also designed to keep an eye on convenience while the broad handle grips well and the easy pour design allows effortless pouring in your favorite coffee mug.
6. Black N Decker CM0555B Small Coffee Pot
- Sneak-a-Cup Feature: This feature temporarily stops the flow of coffee so you can pour your first...
- Space-Saving Compact Design: Perfect for apartments, RVs, dorm rooms, and smaller coffee appetites
- Lighted On/Off Switch: One-touch control for easy operation, and an on/off indicator light for peace...
- Easy-Clean Removable Filter Basket: The filter basket is dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup, and...
- included components: Coffeemaker. Instruction Booklet
With an amazing design, this coffee maker has already won over 2900 reviews on Amazon and that keeps growing. If you are seeking a drip brewer that has minimal controls and a perfect brewing mechanism, this is your end of the search.
With optimal brewing temperature, this coffeemaker gives the taste you might have been missing for years. It even has fast brew technology that brews 2 minutes faster when compared to other coffee makers in similar categories.
It has a brew strength selector too that makes a strong cup if needed. The brew filter is removable for easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe.
7. Nostalgia BSET300AQ Retro Series 3 in 1 Breakfast Station
- 3-IN-1: This versatile breakfast station covers your entire morning breakfast, allowing you to make...
- MULTI-FUNCTIONING TOASTER: The toaster oven has a 30-minute timer with a glass door and can fit up...
- 4-CUP COFFEE MAKER: This coffeemaker brews up to 4 cups at a time in minutes so you can enjoy a cup...
- FAMILY-SIZED GRIDDLE: The large non-stick griddle offers plenty of room to fry eggs, omelets,...
- EASY CLEAN UP: As if cooking isn't easy enough, the oven tray, wire wrack, crumb tray and nonstick...
Our next amazing appliance to merge in your kitchen is the Nostalgia BESET300. It actually is not a small appliance but rather, it combines 3 operations in one unit and hence saves space of actually two appliances we generally use. This product by Nostalgia combines a Coffee Brewer, a Griddle, and also a Toaster which is used frequently.
For very small kitchens, it is like a gem. It has the most used functions that are needed to prepare the breakfast and what’s more, you can keep the prepared food hot in the griddle. The griddle is non-stick and has a transparent lid for easy cooking too. Additionally, both the griddle and toaster tray are removable for easy cleaning.
The coffee maker brews 4 cups at a time and that is a general consumption for a single-family. Also, the coffee it brews is perfect and one is simply going to love it. While the only drawback is that it brews only for 4 people and you have to brew it a few more times if there are more guests.
Finally, for less than 100 bucks, this Breakfast station cuts the cost of 3 appliances and saves space too. It’s a steal and a must-buy for every small home and students too as they are always in need of space-saving things. It’s also a perfect thing to be given as a gift to your loved ones.
8. Elite Gourmet Maxi-Matic Americana Breakfast Center
- EASE INTO YOUR MORNINGS with your 3-in-1 multi-function breakfast station. Prepare your Coffee,...
- THE TOASTER OVEN IS 500 WATTS with a 15 minute timer and indicator light which allows you the time...
- THE 4 CUP COFFEEMAKER has a pause ‘n serve feature and a lift-up compartment for your reusable...
- THE 5.5-INCH GRIDDLE is designed to prepare your eggs and other foods. It is easy to remove and...
- THE 3-IN-1 MULTIFUNCTION breakfast station is easy to operate with a simple on/ off switch while...
If the above product received your interest then this Elite American can be compared well. Americana is also multifunctional. It almost has the same set of features as in the above Nostalgia product with some additional features like heat selector but this one is much even more compact in size, and for small kitchens, this really matters. Instead of a large griddle, the Americana Breakfast Station has a small 5.5-inch non-stick griddle for taking over your frying needs. The length of the whole product is merely 16.3 inches, so you will be saving a lot of space on your counter.
This Americana Breakfast Station is a wonderful product and a great companion for small kitchens, RV owners, popup trailers, campers, or even Yacht owners. A lot can be done with this single machine saving the space of 2 extra gadgets. The coffee maker is almost the same with a 4-cup capacity and a Pause-N-Serve feature that allows pouring the coffee between the brewing. It comes in an attractive turquoise color to brighten up your kitchen décor and personality.
9. Elite Cuisine ECT-819 Coffee Maker + Station Toaster
- 2 Slice Cool Touch Toaster with extra wide slots for bagels and specialty breads
- 7 adjustable toast shade selector and a cool touch body with convenient cancel feature
- Self-centering guides for even toasting
- Single serve 8-oz coffeemaker
- Includes 14 oz. travel cup with lid
Another product that piqued our interest in this combination of Pop Up Toaster and Coffee Maker, again by Elite Cuisine. It’s simple, very small, and can fit almost anywhere in your kitchen. The dimensions are 15.75 x 8.86 x 7.48 inches, and that’s a lot of space-saving.
If you love to have toast with your coffee then this appliance can be a good fit. The controls are very simple, especially the coffee maker. It’s a single-serve 8 oz brewer that has just an On/Off switch and a reusable filter. The 2-slice extra-wide pop-up toaster has 7 shades setting for various tastes and a convenient cancel button. It’s available in either black or red color.
10. Brew Express BE-110 Wall Mountable Coffee Maker
- Height: 12.25 inches width: 13.38 inches
- Finish: Stainless steel
- adjustable cup selector
Another product to be praised is the Brew Express mounts on the wall and saves space on the counter. Like a mountable coffee maker, this also saves space by utilizing the place where nothing else can be used. To install this coffee system, we have to prepare some gaps in the wall so that the Brew Express can sit inside. The outer part then just left is merely 3-4 inches. Overall, a lot of space is saved that none other thing can use.
It also has some smart functions like automatic filling of water (connects directly to the tap), adjustable cup selector, and programmable timer so that you can wake up with a fresh cup of coffee every morning.
Moreover, the coffee maker is built to last for years. It is tested thoroughly for thousands of cycles and hence no worries about reliability with this space-saving piece of coffee making equipment.
Best Under Cabinet Coffee Makers
The purpose of this guide is to help you find the best space-saving automatic coffee maker for your needs. We will go over the various types of coffee makers that don’t take up a lot of space as well as the ingenious devices designed to integrate under your cabinet to free up precious counter space. So, top off your cup, and let’s dive in.
First of all, we are going to look at the brewers that are mountable under the cabinets.
Under Cabinet Black + Decker SpaceMaker SCM2000BD
- Easy Installation - the space maker comes with thorough Instructions and a mounting template to make...
- Quick touch programming - simple buttons control the auto brew feature and the digital clock.
- Sneak-a-cup - this feature lets you pour a cup of Coffee before the brewing cycle is complete.
- Glass carafe - the 12-cup glass carafe sits on the “keep hot” carafe plate, making Coffee...
- Removable water reservoir - the 8-cup reservoir slides in and out of the unit for easy filling, and...
Black+Decker is the only brand that has under counter coffee makers. Though there were many previously, the brand now continues only the popular ones. SCM2000BD is also getting continued after a long time.
This mountable coffee maker is smaller and uses a thermal carafe rather than glass. It looks decent with its aluminum accents on the control panel and you are going to love it after installing it under the counter and hence saving the valuable counter space. A few of the features are:
- A spill-free pour button
- Programmable with digital quick touch buttons
- Reusable Filter Basket
- Stainless Steel Double Wall Thermal Carafe
- The thermal carafe holds 8 cups
- Keeps Coffee hot for hours
- ‘Serve’ button on carafe for easy pouring
- The water reservoir is removable for easy filling
- Automatic shut off
- “Sneak a cup” function pauses brewing while you pour a cup
Overall, this model has mixed reviews. Many customers love the look of the machine and the fact that it saves valuable space in the kitchen. Most also report that it makes a great cup of coffee at a hot enough temperature. The problem seems to be that few of these machines arrive with defective carafes that leak or fail to keep coffee hot. These cases are rare but if you do order one and it has a dripping, malfunctioning carafe, it’s best to return it right away for a replacement. It’s worth noting that customer service contacts people who leave negative reviews online to attempt to resolve their problems.
The features of the Black & Decker SCM2000BD Space saver coffee maker are almost similar to that of 1000BD and differ just in design and size aspects. The carafe here is made of stainless steel that keeps coffee hot for hours. The dimensions of this coffee maker are a bit shorter and hence it takes a smaller footprint.
How To Make Any Coffee Maker Under Counter
If you are looking for ways to make your coffee maker under the counter, here is a small way out. An under-counter tray is available that can be easily equipped either under counters or straightly placed above. It can then be pulled out whenever needed.
- Our 12 inch length coffee trays is guaranteed to ease up your burdens by holding out all types of...
- Made of durable and BPA free ABS material, our kitchen counter tray is sturdy and effortless to use....
- We also have a team prepared to answer your questions regarding our appliance slide. Just call and...
- Our coffee maker slider also comes with a FREE cleaning guide eBook “75 Quick & Easy Cleaning Tips...
This sliding tray can hold about 25 lbs. of weight and most of the drip brewers are under that. The width of this tray is 12 inch so keep an eye on your coffee maker width before buying.
Our next is section is about coffee makers that take up less space on your counter or save some by combining a dual function – say, for example, a coffee maker combined with a toaster; it straightly saves the space of one appliance smartly. These are commonly called Breakfast stations that serve the purpose of 2 things in one single appliance.
Wrapping It All Up (in a tiny space)
In conclusion, we hope you have found the information in our Space Saving Coffee Makers Guide a useful and insightful resource. We hope you have already found a device perfect for you from the products mentioned above. If not, you can use a sliding tray to keep your coffee maker under the counter as that will also help you save space. The above compact coffee makers are also good for RVs or Boats as their minimum footprint allows them to fit almost anywhere.