Ah, Keurig… if you are a coffee lover this brand should not sound new to you, as it’s one of the best manufacturers of equipment in the world. That’s why we want to review the K-Cafe Special Edition and bring some light into this coffee brewing machine. We will be using information from both Keurig and consumers to show the good and the bad.
It doesn’t matter if you want a simple coffee or if you want some latte or cappuccinos, this machine is focused to be an all-in-one coffee maker, therefore it will serve most needs without issues.
Let’s Know Closer – The Keurig K-Cafe Review
But without wasting more time, we will move on to the analysis, which will help you decide if this beautiful machine is fit for your needs or just something you should pass on. All the information will come from the manufacturer, to get accurate product descriptions, and form users just like you, that give their honest opinion on the product they bought.
Features and Specs
- Special Edition: This particular edition of the machine will give you a fancy nickel-colored finish that stands out from the rest of Keurig brewers.
- Versatility: Use the K-Cup pods to brew from a simple coffee to amazing lattes or cappuccinos.
- Shots: You can get a shot by simply pressing the button SHOT which yields a concentrated version of your favorite K-Cup pod, which allows making specialty drinks.
- Dishwasher safe: The Frother can be thrown into your dishwasher without issues.
- 60 oz water reservoir
- Smart start: Heat up and serve in one process
The machine is easy to use, pretty intuitive and straightforward, it also allows to use the SHOT button for other drinks and the Strong Brew (which appears as a “Strong” button) which serves to increase the strength of the coffee. The SHOT button is perfect for specialty drinks that require a coffee base, while the Strong Brew can get you something quite similar to espresso or at least give you something with a little bit more of a “kick”.
It also has a fairly tall clearance between the pouring mouth and the coffee drain below, which is actually a very nice feature for most of us who likes to take their coffee elsewhere, since most travel mugs are too tall for most machines.
The frother is easy to use, easy to clean and makes a very creamy and frothy mix for those latte or cappuccino lovers. This feature is overall pretty sweet.
Another strong point for this machine is the 60 oz reservoir, which will allow you to brew adequate times without even worrying about running out of fuel.
Obviously, the fact that this machine is compatible with the K-Cup coffee pods is one of the main features and it will allow you to make coffee fast and easy, without worrying much about cleaning, which is actually the theme of the next point. The choice is almost endless with K-cups as you can go for coffee, as well as decaf coffee, and also there are pods for green tea also.
Cleaning & Maintenance
When cleaning the Keurig K-Cafe machine, we have to pretty much worry about 2 main areas; the frother, the most important because of the milk, and the pod compartment, which can get a little bit dirty.
First, the frother: yes you will have to clean it every time you use it. Because, well, that’s what you have to do with milk. But this frother is dishwasher safe, so that’s a big plus. Since, if you have one, throwing it in there and forgetting about it will make cleaning easier. However, if you have to hand-wash it, the material is easy to clean and the size is good enough to be able to reach all the surface inside.
The second point is the pod container – which will obviously get slightly dirty. However, the materials are easy to clean and coffee tends to be easier to wipe. It will not stink like milk if you forget to clean for a few hours.
The overall maintenance and cleaning of this machine are meant to be convenient over everything else, like most pod using machines, whatever brand they may be.
- The setup is easy and it works like pretty much a “plug and play” kind of device.
- Brewing capacities and with different functions, offering 6,8,10 and 12 ounces with the SHOT and Strong Brew options.
- Brewing times are fast
- Easy cleaning
- Frother that works like a charm
- Good looking design
- K-Cup compatible
- Compatible with Reusable k-cups
- The price is really nice
- The biggest Con with this machine is that few units apparently experienced electrical issues after a few months of use. Keurig offers great customer support and it doesn’t happen too often. It’s worth mentioning as this issue is something that became a problem for some customers. But Keurig did work well with their customer service.
- It Will not work like other machines, as this is a pod brewer that may not be for everyone.
- The footprint is larger than the usual due to the frother, which may be inconvenient for some customers.
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Keurig Special Edition K-Café Single Serve Coffee, Latte and Cappuccino Maker,...
- SPECIAL EDITION: Complement your kitchen with the premium nickel colored finish, metal handle and...
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and...
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE MY K-CUP UNIVERSAL REUSABLE COFFEE FILTER: Brew your own ground coffee (sold...
- VARIETY: Discover your favorite Espresso Roast - perfect on its own or for making lattes and...
The Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition is a great machine, featuring a lot of nice things that you cannot find everywhere. Like the SHOT and Strong Brew options, along with different yields, a frother that works amazingly and the K-Cup pod system.
We can say that the verdict is actually quite good, customers love this machine and so do we. Everything works as intended and it has those special extra features that give it a premium feel. And that’s without talking about the very stylish design and finish that the special edition offers.
The main issue with this machine from the customer’s point of view is that something it just dies, probably related to electrical issues that Keurig has to fix. As of now, the reports on this went down so there is a chance that the company fixed it without really making it public, as this issue wasn’t as common as one may think.